Chapter 6: Being Found

Stefan's POV
I wake up by Hope shaking me, saying "come on, time to get up Daddy S." I groan and say "okay! Okay! Okay! I'm up." I pull her onto my lap and kiss her cheek and she smiles. 

I ask "so kiddo, what do you want to do today?" She smiles brightly and asks "can we go to the park? Pretty please?!" She uses her puppy dog eyes. That she so gets from Klaus. 

I laugh and say "okay! Park it is. Let's get ready." She says "yay!" We both go get ready. An hour later, we both are ready and I pick her up and say "okay! To the park we go!" She claps her hands and says "yay!" 

I walk out of the house and close the door behind me. I walk to my car and I strap Hope in her car seat. Afterwards, I go to the driver's seat and I buckle up then drive off to the park. 

When we get there, I take Hope out of her car seat. I put her down and she runs to the swing set. She says "come on, Daddy S. Come push me!" I smile and I go to her and push her and she giggles when I do that. 

We've been at the park for two hours and now we're at the slides. I'm at the bottom waiting for her. I see someone come up to us and the person looks kind of suspicious. 

When Hope comes down the slide, I pick her up and hold her close to me. The woman comes up to us and says "hi. My name is, Monica Potter." Hope says "hi!" I'm just glaring at her. Something doesn't seem right about her. 

Monica asks "what's your name, sweetheart?" Hope is about to talk, but I say "I'm sorry, but we really have to go." I walk off with Hope in my arms and she says "okay." I put Hope in her car seat and buckle her up. 

After I'm done, I get into the driver's seat and drive off back home. Hope asks "Daddy S, what was that?" I say "Hope if an adult ever asks for your name, don't tell them. Come to me first, okay?" She nods her head and says "okay. Sorry, Daddy S." 

I say "it's okay baby girl, but just remember that okay. If anyone especially an adult asks for your name let me know." She nods her head and asks excitedly "can we go to Wendy's?" I smile and say "okay, sure sweetie." 

I drive to Wendy's and I order a bacon cheese burger and fries for me and chicken nuggets and fries for Hope. After I get our orders, I drive back home and I hold the two bags in my hand while I use my other hand to unbuckle Hope and help her out of the car. 

When I do, I close the car door and go to the front door and open it. I go inside along with a very excited Hope. This little girl just loves chicken nuggets. She runs to the table and sits down and waits for me to bring her food. 

When I do, I give her the food and she says, joyful "thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Daddy S." I laugh and say "you're welcome!" She starts munching on her chicken nuggets and fries and I eat my burger and fries. 

After five minutes of eating, we decide to watch a movie. We decide to watch a very funny movie called A Simple Wish. Two hours after the movie is over, I tell Hope to go upstairs and get her jacket. 

We are going out for a walk around the neighborhood and it's a little chilly outside. I hear a knock on the door and I open it and see the woman from the park. Monica? What the hell is she doing here? How did she find us? 

I ask "how the hell did you find out where I lived?" She says "I've been following you." I glare at her and ask "why?!" And she says "because I know that little girl upstairs is not yours. I know that she is the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson."