Chapter 12: More Than Anything

After Stefan got settled in at the Mikaelson mansion, he showed them Gabby's letter to him and when he read it to them, they were not happy to learn she was in New Orleans putting her life in danger.

Damon most of all was not happy after Stefan read it; he smashed everything in his room. He even tried calling, but she didn't answer and that worried all of them. Stefan left out the part about Tyler and how Damon, Elena, and Tyler couldn't be trusted.

Now everyone is at the Salvatore boarding house except Stefan, Erin, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, Kayla, and Liv. They went shopping for Hope. Stefan wanted the girls to help out and find something for Hope.

It was always him who got her stuff. They were cute, but right now he was going to ask his friends for help; a girl's opinion. He usually had to ask the women clerks at the stores.

Tyler went because he wanted to be with Liv, but he didn't find out till later that this shopping was for Hope. He and Elena were not happy about it, but Bonnie and Caroline straightened up Elena and Liv did the same to Tyler.

It's been three days and everyone loves Hope except Tyler, Elena, and Damon. But out of all, none loved her more than Lillian and Gracia. Now at the boarding house, Hope is watching Jeremy and Jontae play video games.

Leaving Hope alone with them made Stefan nervous, but he was going to have to try and trust them. Hope asks "what does this button do JerBear and JonJon?"

She presses it and they groan. Jeremy says "it turns off the video game. Come on and sit right here, Hope." He pats the seat next to him and she goes and sits next to him.

Hope has come up with little nicknames for everyone except Tyler, Elena, and Damon because she knows they don't like her. Jontae goes and turns the game back on.

When he does, they go back to playing their game: zombie nation. A part comes up when they -including Hope- see a zombies head pop off. Hope whimpers a little seeing that. Jontae says "cover your eyes Hope." Jeremy covers her eyes and Damon comes out along with everyone else.

He says "if Stefan was here, he would kill you both." He turns off the TV and video game and Hope says "Daddy S, wouldn't hurt JerBear or JonJon." Damon says, rudely "right, whatever you say little girl."

Everyone except Hope glares at him. Hope looks at him sadly and asks "you don't want me here do you?" Her saying that took everyone by surprise. Brennon says "of course we do Hope."

Hope says "not you Bren... Damon!" Damon says "I just don't enjoy dirty animals sitting on my furniture." After he says that, everyone glares at him angrily.

Hope feels like she's about to cry, but pushes it away and giggles a little and says "that's no way to talk to JerBear or JonJon." Damon smirks at her and says ignorantly "you're right. It's not, that's why I was talking about you." Ric, Kai, and Shontae yell at the same time "enough Damon!"

Hope is on the verge of tears and Damon says "what? Like you really want her here. The only reason we're all putting up with you is because if you leave, Stefan leaves and we don't want HIM to leave. But one day, he won't want you anymore. Hell, your real parents didn't even want you. Why do you think you're here right now? Then I just found out my baby sister is in New Orleans with your freak show of a family risking her life to save you. Nothing but A MISTAKE! A MONSTER!... JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER!"

He gets interrupted when he is sped against the wall by Greg. After hearing everything he said to Hope, Greg was heated angry at Damon. Everyone was trying to cheer up Hope -who was crying her eyes out because of what Damon said to her- especially Gracia and Lillian, who were at the moment very disappointed in Damon.