S01 Chapter 1: Welcome Back

Names in parentheses mean they're POV's.

======================

Chapter One: Welcome Back

(Steve)

Punch. Punch. Punch.

I've been at the gym since 4 p.m. and I have no idea what time it is. It's been seven years since my last mission and I have no idea what to do with my life, now that the world is in better shape... and without Maddy by my side.

Punch. Punch. Punch.

Steve! Maddy's voice keeps on echoing in my mind. I can't get over that she early fell off a building from our last mission seven years ago. She was just a kid back then... or perhaps a very precocious kid. She's even more mature than Stark. And even if she is very precocious, I couldn't let her die for she has been my closest friend since I woke up from the ice, despite her young age.

It's been seven years though. She was very funny, very kind but sometimes she can be like Stark. Though, it doesn't bother me. And I think it's very awkward and inappropriate but I think I like her... after she saved my life from that shard of glass that could've killed me.

Now, the thought of her in my arms, dying, bleeding to death...

PUNCH! I punched the bag so hard, it flies away from me. Thanks to Dr. Banner and Dr. Ross, she was brought back to life.

I think I've had enough time in the gym for the day. I walk to the bench where my bag is on and unroll the white strips of cloth from both of my hands. I look at the wall clock above the exit door and the time's 6:24 p.m. I take out my water bottle and drink from it. I put it back in my bag and carry it outside as I walk from the gym.

As I arrive at my motorcycle in the parking lot, the sky is dark. I put my bag on the seat and open it to get my brown leather jacket. I put it on and tie my bag onto the seat. I sit down on the vehicle, take out the keys from my pocket and started the engine. I start driving back to Stark Tower, since that's where we, The Avengers, all live now. Maddy also has a room there, only Pepper decided to redecorate it to purple because the room was themed with blue and Maddy's favorite color is purple.

I arrive in front of the Tower and drive to the garage.

"Good evening, Mr. Rogers," says J. A. R. V. I. S.

"Good evening, Jarvis," I reply, as I switch off the engine. "Any news today?"

"Well, sir, Mr. and Mrs. Stark - that's right! Pepper and Stark got married - have taken a jet to Miami. Dr. Banner's still in the workshop. And recent news from S. H. I. E. L. D., Agent Alvarez has just arrived."

As I heard her name, it makes me smile and excited. "Thanks, Jarvis!" I reply excitedly then, I quickly start the engine again.

"Sir, where are you going?"

"To SHIELD I have to see her," I reply, as I start revving the motorcycle. Then, I drive off to SHIELD  HQ, which is a 20-minute drive from Stark Tower.

I can't believe it! She's finally back! I can finally tell her how I feel about her. I just hope I won't be too weak to admit it.

I find myself smiling as I drive.

She also kind of reminds me of Peggy. She's very brave, very tough. She wouldn't have any second thoughts about punching you in the face if you cat-call her. She doesn't take anybody's crap and she knows her own worth. She's really just like Peggy only, she's not British.

I park my motorcycle in front of the building and switch of the engine. I put my keys in my pocket and walk to the building. The front doors slide open and I enter.