S01 Chapter 5: Just a Brother/Sister... Seriously?

So, I'm gonna change Ronica's name to Maddeline 'Maddy' Alvarez because I'm feeling uncomfortable with using my name.
=============================

(Maddy)

"Hey, look," says Steve behind me.

I keep my arms crossed and my eyebrows creased as I walk to my room and ignore him.

I just can't believe he would treat Johnny like that. I mean, I know guys like Johnny but he's trying to change and I'm giving him a second chance. But Steve won't let him near me as the four of us strolled around the park.

I appreciate him protecting me but it's too much.

"Maddy," his voice is now gentle and I couldn't refuse talking to him if he talks like that.

I turn around. My eyebrows are still creased, but softer.

"Look, I'm sorry if I acted like a big jerk back there," he continues.

"Thank you for realizing that!" I exclaim.

He scowls. "It's just that I'm not really comfortable with him laying a finger on you. Not even with him talking to you."

"Steve, for Pete's sake, I'm not thirteen anymore! I can fight for myself now, even when I was thirteen. But you don't need to be so overly protective of me!"

He touches my cheek and I feel stinging on my cheeks. "I am really sorry. I just... you know you're not just a friend to me."

I feel sparks traveling to my system. More than a friend? Could this mean that he also–? Nah. I'm more than a friend meaning...

"You're like the little sister I never had."

My chest crushes at the mention of that.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I say, rolling my eyes. "And you're my big brother yadda yadda..."

We both chuckle. I kiss his cheek and hug him... like what a little sister would do. Mentally rolling my eyes at that.

"Steve, give the man a second chance," I say, as softly as I could. "People change."

I release and he kisses my forehead, sending sparks throughout my body. But I know that it's just a brotherly kiss.

If only he knew what I really feel about him.

Bruce is right, though. I should've confessed when I had the chance. But I can tell that obviously, Steve loves me only as her little sister and I gotta admit that it hurts but, at least he still cares about me. And I know, I keep on saying that he's like a big brother to me but, I can't just spit out the truth when we're already having a good friendship. And Bruce already told me that if I admit my feelings for him, it won't ruin our friendship because Steve is not that kind of guy.

But still, there's this feeling that if I do tell him about it, we won't be friends anymore after that. And there's this other feeling that when I admit it, I want us to be more than just friends.

I really want to punch myself for having that feeling knowing that it's very stupid and flirty of me to think of that.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

After getting dressed for bed, I head to the kitchen to cook us some dinner.

Since Tony and Pepper aren't around, I made some slight rule changes in the Tower. For example, we should be dressed for bed before having dinner, which I think is a rather corny idea. But who cares?

Another one is that we should watch a horror movie before bed time, we started that last night and we watched Insidious. I could honestly hear Bruce whining when the scene was when Dalton gets rescued by his father and the puppeteer was playing a freaky song on the record player.