S01 Chapter 19: Johnny

Hey, guys! I'm so so so so sorry it took me so long to update this story, I truly am. Anyway, I realized that I don't need to edit the past chapters anymore and I hope you won't kill me for keeping you waiting for nothing.

But I might edit if the spirit of editing possesses me.

Anyway, I'm sorry to keep you waiting again. Here's the next part.

=============================

(Maddy)

I take a hesitant look at the person lying on the hospital bed. Tubes and wires connected to him. Half of his body is covered in casts. His eyes are still closed and I'm still waiting impatiently and eagerly for them to finally open again. The only thing that's separating me from him is the window attached to the wall.

He's in there because of me. He's in there because I threw him like a soft pillow on the ground. But of all the things he should've landed on, why did it had to be glasses? Of all the things on a building's rooftop, it had to be glasses! They could've been old mattresses or other shits or whatever. And worse, a shard of glass splintered him. It didn't just  splinter him; it even pierced his side deeply which made him lose a lot of blood. And because of that, he was unconscious on that bed for three days, all thanks to me. Good thing he woke up a few days later.

Sue, Reed and Ben came over the day after the accidents. That was the time I told Sue the exact story of what happened that night before the accident and she got really pissed at me. I'm not even mad at her for calling me a 'two-timing bitch' because she's right. He got broken bones and a deep cut because of me. But, I was his girlfriend and all I did was cheat on him, at the same time with Steve. He's her brother and I understand how she feels, being protective and all.

"I'm sorry, Johnny," I whisper to him but only I can hear myself. "I'm so sorry."

Somebody touches my shoulder and I look at them It is Sue. She gives me a comforting smile and I smile back. Then, I hug her.

"What's wrong?" she asks as she caresses my hair.

"Sue," I mutter, "I'm just so sorry for doing this to him."

"Shh. It's alright, Maddy," her voice is sweet. "I've already forgiven you. You have to forgive yourself, too."

"It's not that," I pull away gently. "It's just... This wouldn't happen to him or Steve if I was just completely honest with them."

She cups my cheek. "I know, Maddy. But, honestly, you have to grow up and know what your heart says. I really won't mind if you don't choose my brother. I'd be happier for you if you choose the right person. I gotta say, Johnny changed because of you. Before he started dating you, a girl didn't even last more than two days with him."

I look down guiltily. Having two people tell me that, the other one being Bruce, just makes me feel bad about myself. "I think that's a bad thing. You should love someone because of who they are and not who you'd want them to be."

"Maddy, that's all him. He didn't change because you want him to. He changed for you."

"But all I did was to cheat on him. On both of them."

"Honestly, I feel bad about myself for you."

"Howcome?"

"If only I didn't come when you two were talking back at the Baxter, I guess you wouldn't say 'yes'."

I nod. "I would've think of it at first."

"And for that, I am truly sorry."

"It's okay. And I'm sorry again for hurting him physically and emotionally."