S02 Chapter 04: Getting By

Hey, guys. Sorry I wasn't able to upload Chapter 4 as promised. Too many reasons but nonetheless, here's the continuation for SVF and we'll start with how Johnny is doing.

Oh also, just to keep everyone up to date, I've made it 6 months since the last season. And instead of 20, I've aged Maddy up to 23 because the age gap is making me a little awkward...

Thank you!!!!! 

=========================================

S02 Chapter 04: Getting By

(Johnny)

Since joining SHIELD, as per my mother-of-a-sister insists, we should keep it low-key with our powers and not cause a lot of troubles and scandals. Because of that, I mostly just stay at home and play Fortnite--which really is for kids, but that's the fun in that because I always win--or try, try to be productive. There are times when I really just want to lay back in bed and just laze around, but there are times where I want to be active and productive. But yeah, I gotta go by the rules or else, we'll be on SHIELD's 24/7 babysitting program... except the babysitters have guns and they are highly trained to beat us up, just in case. Though, they didn't really say anything about going out and partying. They were just really strict with using our powers in public.

     Today though, I went on a date with a girl I met on Tinder. Yeah Tinder, I know I know. But hear me out--her name is Kourtney (yes like the Kardashian, except she isn't), she's a supermodel (so yeah, she's hot) and she has a very great personality.  Though she really liked talking about how it takes at least 45 mins to do her hair and how her recent campaign with Calvin Klein and Maybelline went.

     No, we didn't end up in bed, like how usual dates with Johnny Storm goes. After I drove her home to her apartment, she said she has to get up pretty early tomorrow for another photoshoot with Calvin Klein. And I jokingly asked, "Wouldn't it be better if I see it first on you so you'd have a first impression?"

     She replied with a smirk and said, "well, I'm free tomorrow night after work so, maybe you can just take them off for me after work?" Then she gave me a kiss on the cheek and got out. I watched her enter her apartment building and she looked back at me to wave goodbye and blew me a kiss. I smiled at her from my car and waved back. She enters the building and I drive off.

     Now, I'm here lying down, thinking if I should go and check out what Reed is doing in his lab or if I should annoy the hell out of Ben or maybe I should just sleep. Maybe I should just sleep.

     "Johnny!" Sue's voice startles me a little as she knocks on my door and I've drifted off a little. Every time, Sue. Every damn time.

     "I'm asleep!" I yell back and close my eyes.

     My door opens and Sue comes barging in.  I immediately turn my back to her but she quickly turns me over. "Look, Johnny," she says, almost gently, "I know it's been a while but you need to do something worth your while. I really hate seeing you being miserable."

     I groan. "Like what? Acting? Fixing a car?"

     "Well, yeah? I mean it really has been a while since you've done anything you love." Her expression goes from concerned to annoyed. "Plus, it has been a while since you've done something productive."

     I pointed my finger at her. "Hey, I helped Reed yesterday with his machine. It wasn't easy piecing them together though."

     She rolls her eyes. "Anyway, there's someone downstairs looking for you."