S01 Chapter 13: The Other Half

(Johnny)

Sitting on my bed with my arm on my knee, I stare out to Stark Tower under the night sky through my window as I knock back on my beer.

My blood is still boiling as it flows inside my veins. And I can feel my flames in my veins trying to work their way out of me.

My bottle's now empty and I aggressively throw it to the floor and it's trailed with flames.

I've been drinking countless beers for hours and I'm drunk as fuck. I've been burning my room but the fires immediately die.

I can't believe what I saw! Those fucking treacherous snakes! Especially Maddy! I can't believe she would do that. I cannot believe she'd be kissing a pair of lips which are not her boyfriend's. I thought she is different. But she isn't.

I saw how she smothered her lips to that old-assed steroid-using overly-protective bastard. They might even had sex. But I'll let her know, I'm a damn better lover. Hell, I'm the best.

With those thoughts in my head, I start playing with my powers. I throw a fireball on my window, at Stark Tower, but it just slams on the glass and evaporates. Then, I throw a couple more at some stuff in my room and I just kill the flames with my mind.

The next thing I know, my vision gets blurry and I pass out.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

(Maddy)

So, I lied to Steve. I told him I was going to SHIELD to report. But I was actually planning to go to the Baxter. I want to talk to Johnny.

The nightmare I had got me a bit traumatized. I couldn't choose between them, even if they are in danger. What if that happens to one of them in real life and I'm in the arms of the other? I'd be guilty and tormented if that happens.

Wow. And by 'wow', a sarcastic one. I'm turning into Bella Swan from Twilight. But neither Steve nor Johnny is either Edward or Jacob. I just happen to be in love with two guys.

Here I am now, standing on the lobby, looking stupid as usual.

"Hey, kid."

I turn around and find Ben coming down the stairs.

I give him a smile. "Hey, Ben." Then, we quickly hug each other.

"Nice to see you here again."

"Nice to see you too. Is Johnny here?"

"Yeah. He's up in his room. He still hasn't gone out there since he came back last night from Stark Tower."

My heart starts to pound fast and my hands feel cold. There's a lump forming on my throat and I can't breathe easily. Goosebumps crawl up.

What the hell did he mean by that?

"He was actually pissed when he came back," Ben continues. "Say, is there something going on between you and him?"

I cup my nape and breathe out to calm my nerves. "I'll get back to you on that, Ben. I really need to talk to him."

I run to the elevator, my heart rate rising second by second. I push the 19 button, Johnny's floor, and I scrunch my hair due to nervousness.

Did he went to see me last night but instead, he saw me and Steve last night on the rooftop?

Why the hell did I even say 'yes' to Johnny? I love him but what about Steve?

I'm in love with the both of them equally.

I hate this! I hate my heart! I hate my brain! I hate my hormones! I hate them for doing this to me!