S01 Chapter 2: Someone's Late

WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGES AND SCENES...

=============================

Chapter 2: Someone's Late            

(Steve)

She runs towards me and wraps her arms around my neck. I should've taken a bath first. But still. I wrap my arms around her. I'm just very happy to see her again.

"Steve!" she exclaims. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, kid!" I should've called her 'Maddy' since she's not a kid anymore. "Look at you! You've grown." She looks the same, although more beautiful.

"Johnny?" says an attractive blonde woman inside the office. "Where the hell have you been?" She is looking at me with her arms crossed, disappointed.

Maddy and I release and we give the blonde woman confused looks.

"And you two know each other?" asks the man with white hair above his ears.

"What have you done to your hair?" asks the huge man, just as big as Banner when he turns green, only he's made of rock. His rocky figure is really astonishing to me. But it is the 21st century and anything can happen.

Fury clears his throat. "I'm sorry. I believe you've mistaken Captain Rogers over Johnny Storm."

I come in and they start to introduce themselves to me. Then, we have a little chat and we all head to the conference room just inside Fury's office. We sit down at the table; Maddy and I sit next to each other while Susan sits beside her. Reed sits beside her and Ben sits beside him.

Maddy leans at my ear and whisper, "Steve, my hand."

I stare and smile at her for a while and then I shake my head lightly as if I was in a trance or something. "What?" Then, I look at our hands. I didn't realize I was holding it. So, I quickly release. "Oh, sorry."

I regret doing that since I haven't actually told her what I truly feel about her. I just hope she'll forgive me for that.

"So, Mrs. Richards," Fury says. "Is Mr. Storm gonna be here or should we just start the briefing without him?"

"Oh. I'll give him a call," says Susan. She stands up and goes at the door. She takes her phone out of her pocket and dials a number.

"Isn't that Johnny-dude some kind of an actor too?" Maddy asks Reed. "I mean he might've just been stuck at a shooting or something?"

The... Thing or Ben gives out a laugh and says, "You see, Short Stuff, Johnny's been laid off the acting gigs ever since superheroes have taken over."

"Ben..." Reed gently reprimands him then he faces Maddy. "Well, Johnny is actually a very, very..." he thinks about what to say, careful with choosing his words even. "He's very..."

Later on, Susan starts to shout at her phone. "Johnny! Where the hell are you?" she sounds pissed. "Don't tell me you went to a bar and end up having sex with a girl... "What do you mean?!... Aren't you forgetting something? ... Johnny! We are in S. H. I. E. L. D. right now and you're the only one missing!" She hangs up her phone. "Damn that moron!" She whispers to herself, although it's audible by all.

"Yeah, that," Ben finishes for Reed.

Sue, then, heads back to her seat. "I'm sorry about that, Director Fury."

"Kid's really immature," adds Ben.

"Anyway, Director, let's just start the briefing," says Reed.