S01 Chapter 10: I'm Sorry

Edited! :D And hit that play button on the media. The song's entitled "Find a Way" by Tyler Blackburn. It's another heart-warming song I found from The Fosters.

=============================

(Steve)

"She's not here yet?"

I shake my head disagreeing as I look out the the windows, to the afternoon sky. I've been looking at the street since morning as I wait for her.

Suddenly, a motorcycle arrives in front of the building carrying two passengers wearing helmets. I couldn't name them due to the visors. The person at the back steps down. As they remove their helmet, they shake their head and their hair falls. I soon realize that it is a lady.

It's Maddy.

Thankfully, she's here. The weight in my chest slightly gets light.

"She's here!" I exclaim.

"Oh, thank God!" says Bruce.

I look back down and see her give the man the helmet and they wave goodbye to each other. I guess it's Storm. Then, Maddy walks to the building.

A smile creeps up my face.

"May I inform you that Ms. Alvarez has arrived," says Jarvis.

"We got that," says Bruce.

I run outside of the living room to head for the elevator. As I get through the doors, the elevator doors open it reveals Maddy. Her eyes aren't wet from tears anymore and she looks lively now.

The next thing I know, my arms wrap around her and her cheek is against my chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeatedly coo, but my voice is hoarse.

She pushes me lightly and I step back a few inches. There's an anxious look on her face as she crosses her arms and looks at me. If only she knew how I feel when she looks at me like that and if only she knew how sorry I am for saying those words to her.

"I'm sorry, Maddy. I know I've hurt you—"

"Where's Bruce?" she asks, ignoring my set of apologies. "I just need to let him know I'm here." Then, she walks to the doors behind me.

"Maddy, please," I turn around and she stops with her hand on the handle.

She looks over her shoulder, to me, with an anxious look on her face. Her eyebrows are creased, not in anger but in concern.

"Why, Steve?" she sounds like choking.

I slightly sigh. "I just want you to know how badly I feel for hurting you and I'm truly sorry."

She sighs as if something heavy is being lifted from her shoulders. "Steve, I just... I don't know if whether I should say 'apology accepted' or if I should forgive you at all."

"I know and I completely understand. But I just really want you to know that I'm really, really sorry." I begin suffocating and tears fall on my cheeks.

She looks away from me. "Please, Steve," she says, sounding disgusted, "Don't cry. It's making you less masculine."

I reach out for her hand and thankfully, she doesn't drag it away. I hold it tight as if she'll let go.

"I just miss the old times," I say. "I miss the times like we're the only two people in the world, just two best friends having fun, just the two of us together."

Keep me close when you go far away/ Keep this light to see you through/ Close your eyes to find a better way/ Buried deep to something true

I hug her from behind with my protecting arms and my cheek is on her head. I just want to hug her like this, like I'm the only one to protect her. Like I'm the only one who's keeping her safe from harm.

"I know I've been a huge jerk, the biggest one of all," I murmur. "I'm just so sorry. I can't stand seeing, hearing or knowing you cry anymore and I promise I won't hurt you again."

Suddenly, I hear her sobbing, due to her breaths. I lean my lips on her head and close my eyes. She turns around and wraps her arms around my torso. She rests her head against my chest as she sob and I caress her head.

"Steve," she murmurs. "I'm sorry for not listening to you."

"Shh. You didn't do anything wrong, okay?"

I firmly press my lips on her head and embraced her tightly.

And I'll find a way/ I'll find a way to you/ I'll find a way/ I'll find a way to you

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

"So, you apologized to her?" asks Bruce who is seated on the arm chair.

I nod as I lie down on the couch, my hands on my stomach and my eyes at the ceiling. "But she still hasn't forgiven me. I'm fine with that since I have the guilt."

"Have you told her your real feelings yet?"

I shake my head. "Not yet. I'm still trying to find the right time."

"Well, you better find the right time soon or you know who might get her from you."

"I know that."

I look at my watch and the time is 7:25. I better go to the kitchen now to help her with the food.

I get up from the couch. "Thanks for the talk, Bruce. I better go help her."

He nods and I make my way to the elevator. "And don't forget the shawarmas in the fridge."

As I arrive in the kitchen, I smell something delicious, my stomach asks for more. I find her working by the stove and I stop by the counter, like our places earlier morning, except that I was the one cooking.

Her hair is all tied in a ponytail and she's already in her sleepwear. She has a lavender dress under a white robe, a pair of purple pajamas and a pair of fluffy slippers.

"Hey, Maddy," I say.

She looks at me then back at her cooking. "Hey, Steve."

I walk closer to her and look at the stove. "What are you making?"

"Just spaghetti and meatballs. Nothing very fancy."

"You need some help?"

"Uh, yeah. You could set the plates on the table."

I take three plates from the dish drawers, three table napkins and three pairs of knives and forks from the utensil drawer and set them on the table. After I place the last knife and fork on the napkin, I walk back to her. She turns off the stove and transfers the sauce to a bowl, which I help her with.

"I can do this. Just place some pasta noodles on the plates," she says.

I take the pasta bowl on the kitchen island and do what she says. Then, she puts sauces on the noodles and two meatballs on each plate.

Out of nowhere, Bruce walks in and casually places his hands on the backrest of a chair.

"What's for dinner?" he asks, amused.

=============================

A/N: Edited!

Anyway, comments? Suggestions? Violent reactions? Let me know \^O^/

~Ronica ♥