S01 Chapter 4: We Meet Again

(Maddy)

I look up at him. God, I'm still short. "You know what, Steve?" I say and he looks at me. His blue eyes are very beautiful. Okay, Maddy. Don't be afraid. "I really missed you."

"You, too, kid," he replies.

I look away. "I mean, as I told you before, I've always wanted a big brother." Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! You're a fucking idiot!

"Well, I'll always be your big brother, kind of," he replies. What have I done?

As we reach the lobby, I realize I forgot my bag. I excuse myself from Steve and I walk back to the elevator and press three, the floor of the rooms.

As I got my white bag with all my money and phone, I hang it on my right shoulder and head back to the elevator. The doors open and Bruce is inside with his gray coat on. I enter.

"So, you told him yet?" asks Bruce.

I shake my head. "I almost did but the stupidity levels increased in my system."

"Well, there's always a next time."

The elevator dings and stops at the lobby. The doors slide open and we head out to Steve. With my bag on my shoulder, I put my hands on my gray cardigan's pockets.

"So, should we take one of Tony's Audis or should we just walk?" I ask.

"I think to abstain Stark from killing you," says Steve, "we should just walk."

"I agree," adds Bruce.

I shrug. I wave my hand towards the front door. "Then, let's take a walk."

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

(Johnny)

I walk with my head down and hoodie on, my hands on my pockets. Strolling around the city is quite relaxing and calming, despite the loud honking of the cars and the people bumping at you. At least this isn't one of the usual times when I get followed and chased by the paps and girls.

This is actually the first time I've done this in a million years. And this is actually the first time I get to like a girl and chase after her. Well, there was Frankie, that one hell of a badass soldier who was my date in Sue and Reed's wedding but, this feeling I have for Maddy is a lot different.

And I think I'm turning into a teenager with uncontrollable hormones just by having that feeling. Hell, I'm turning into a girl.

I've been walking for almost two hours now and I'm so damn glad that no still recognizes me. Now, I know how it feels to be a normal human being.

Suddenly, I was walking in the park when I bumped into someone. I didn't see their face due to my head facing the ground. But I do see their corndogs fall to the ground, three of them.

"Ow!" a female voice exclaims.

"I'm sorry," I say as I get on my knees to pick up the corndogs. "I should've watched where I was going."

She gets on her knees as well and see a lose long thick black hair flowing to the ground. I recognize that black hair anywhere.

"Maddy?" I say.

She raises her head and her pair of dark brown eyes stare at mine.

"Johnny?" she says.

I give her a smile.

"Ugh," she stands up and walks away. And she really looks good in her brown leather jacket, skinny jeans and brown boots.

I can tell that she still hasn't moved on from last night and I feel sorry about that. I stand up and follow her. "Hey, look," I cry out. "I'm sorry about last night." As I get near her, I grab her arm, making her stop.

She turns around, and it all feels like slow moton; her hair flows softly as light shines at her beautiful striking face. "Get off of me!" then, she yanks her arm away. "And you better be sorry about that." She is glaring at me now. But her glare is seductive for me.

 I mentally shake my head to get out of the trance. "And I am sorry for that."

She crosses her arms. "Well, what do you want?"

I sigh. "Like I said a while ago, I am sorry for last night. And I just wanna ask if maybe you'd like to go out sometime." She glares at me even more. "But, I am asking now properly... as a gentleman."

She scoffs. "With the attitude you showed last night. do you even know the word 'gentleman' itself? And besides, I am currently with Steve and Bruce. I just went to buy some corndogs when you bumped into me and now, we don't have anything to eat. So, goodbye." She turns around and walks away, stomping her feet.

Ooh, she's feisty. But, I have to discipine myself now. I really like her. I sprint towards her. "Hey, c'mon."

She stops and glares at me even more darker.

"Look, I just really want to make it up to you," I smile at her, the way I do to make girls crazy. But I think it doesn't take effect on her. "C'mon, Maddy. Just one date and I promise, I'll stop hitting on you." I know I only hit on her last night but whatever.

Her glare gets softer. "Okay." She cocks her head. "One date and you'll stop. Hmm..." Her face gets softer even more. "How about tomorrow?"

I feel like something very heavy lifts up from my chest and I sigh in relief. "Awesome. Uhm, I'll pick you up at six?"

Then, a smile appears on her face. She's very pretty when she smiles. "Good thing I'm nice, Mr. Storm." Surprisingly, she takes my hand and pulls me as she walks, dragging me. "Why don't you join the three of us?"

"I don't really think that's a good idea."

"Don't worry. They're both nice. And besides, you've met Steve already, right?"

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

(Steve)

What is taking her so long? I am getting worried.

I look behind us and spot her with that person I just seriously despised, as of last night. Johnny Storm is behind her, he has his hoodie on but I can still name him, and they're holding each other's hands. My eyes narrowed at the sight of him and blood boils throughout my veins.

When I look back at her, there is a huge grin on her face. But why?

As they get closer she waves but I get up  from my seat and make my way to them , my fists clenched and my teeth gritted. I got my glare locked on Storm.

"Steve," says Bruce, who is still seated on the park bench. "He's not hurting her or anything. Don't kill the man." He read my mind but I just ignore him.

They get closer and Maddy's smile just lights up my world but seeing her with that deliquent just darkens my mood.

As I reach them, I hold Maddy by the shoulder and pull her closer to me, locked in my arms. "Let go of her," I say sharply at Storm.

"Relax, Steve," says Maddy, who's pushing me lightly on my chest. She giggles.

"Why should I relax if this guy has his hands around you?"

Johnny holds up his hands. "Woah there, old man. Firstly, she was the one who took my hand and I only came here to apologize for last night, okay?"

I look down at Maddy and she nods. "It's alright, Steve. People should have second chances."

I release her and she walks to Bruce. But I just cross my arms at Storm and glare at him.

"If you do anything to hurt her, Storm," I warn, "I swear, I'd kill you," I pressed my pointer at his shoulder.