S01 Chapter 8: A Shoulder to Cry On

Hey guys!

Hit that 'play' button on that video in the Media corner.

Song is entitled 'Two Steps Away' by The CO. I first heard it when I was watching The Fosters and I fell in love with it!

Anyway, enjoy ze chapter!

=============================

(Johnny)

Last night was one of the amazing nights of my life, without being on a bed with a woman.

Maddy looked beautiful and she was so happy, especially when I got her the Hulk plushie.

Unfortunately, she left it in my car and now, I am keeping it warm for her. All she remembered taking home was Cindy.

To be honest, I'd been planning to save 5,000 tickets for that plushie to give it to a girl as special as her. We never actually got all those tickets from Coin Dozer. I've saved 3, 576 tickets and I just brought it without her having any idea. At least I made her happy.

But there's still something that made me upset about last night.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I facepalm. Why the hell would I ask that straight forward?

She left me standing by the entrance without answer. She didn't say anything and just walked out after that. She left me dejected.

Though, I'm not even mad at her. I was the one who's being forward.

I get up and wear my jacket.  Then,  I head out to Stark Tower to say my apology.

As the elevator doors open, I find Jimmy,  our doorman,  at the front desk talking to a woman in a black leather jacket.

"Oh, well, his room is on the 22nd floor but he is often—" he looks over the woman's shoulder and she follows.

It's Maddy. She looks like she's been crying her eyes out.

I walk towards them as I say "I was just on my way—"

She cuts me off by hugging me, making me puzzled. I hug her back and she buries her face on my neck. Then,  I hear her crying.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

(Maddy)

I stand in front of the entrance of Baxter Building and look up to see its height. Stark Tower is smaller but cooler. Without any second thoughts and hesitations, I push the door open and walk inside.

The granite floor has a red carpet in the middle. On my right is the front desk and on my left are the elevators. I look up and a beautiful modern chandelier hangs from the ceiling.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I look at the front desk and find an old man in a uniform. "Can I help you with something?"

I walk towards him and rest my hands on the counter. "Uh, yeah. I'm Agent Maddeline Alvarez from SHIELD and I just came by to see Mr. Storm."

"Oh, well, his room is on the 22nd floor but he is often—" he looks behind me and I follow.

The elevator on the left opens and Johnny steps out of it. Then, he notices me and grins.

"I was just on my way—" I cut him off as I sprint towards him and wrap my arms around his neck. I feel his hands on my back. I bury my face on his neck.

All of a sudden, I start sobbing again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asks against my ear, his voice is sweet.