S01 Chapter 12: In Your Arms

(Maddy)

The streets are empty and quiet from cars and people and instead of sky blue, the sky is apocalyptic green, covered with smoke. I look around me and destroyed cars with fires are now on the ground.

Nobody's around and I'm all alone. It's just me.

Out of nowhere, a trail of flames appear in the sky. It's headed West of where I'm standing. Relief runs throughout me as I realize who it is. I run and follow his trail.

"Don't go!" I cry out.

The ground starts shaking and a huge crack on the road appears in front of me. It starts to get wider and the ground on the other side gets away from me.

Smoke appears and behind it, I can see a man's figure. It starts walking towards me. I narrow my eyes and get a hint of dark blonde hair.

Another relieving feeling runs all over my body as I realize it's Steve.

"Maddy!" he is near but his voice sounded like an echo.

"Maddy!" another echoey voice from behind me calls out my name.

I turn around and see Johnny, his flames still on his body. I run to him but like before, the ground shakes and another huge crack appears.

I'm all alone on this dismembered road and the cracks are too huge for me to jump over.

I look over at Steve and he's a small skinny guy now wrapped in his beige coat. Then, a horde of Hydra soldiers come running towards him and starts beating him up.

"Maddy! Save me!" he cries out.

He's too weak and too small to fight back, I want to help him!

On my left side, I can feel a very strong force pulling me. But then, it stops as I turn my head over to Johnny.

A huge circular object appears behind him and it starts to glow brighter and brighter into a fiery  glow by the second. Then, it starts to suck him in and he tries to fight it as he hold out his hand for me to reach.

"Save me, Maddy!" he cries.

My chest aches even more and I'm starting to have trouble with my breathing, I burst out into tears. I fall to my knees with tears violently falling from my eyes. Then, I cover my ears to prevent myself from hearing them suffer.

The two people who I love more than anything in the world are now in trouble and I need to save both of them. But something tells me that I should only choose one.

I hear them grunting and groaning in pain.

"Please! Please! Don't hurt them, please!" I cry out and more tears fall.

"Maddy, wake up. You're dreaming!"

I scream in fear and my eyes fly open, meeting his blue ones. My arms automatically wrap around him.

I realize I was only dreaming but I'm still scared for him. For both of them.

"Steve!" I exclaim followed by a sniff.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

(Steve)

I wake up with Maddy wrapped inside my arms. I look down at her and see her still sleeping safe and sound. My leg is placed above hers. She looks very pretty when she's sleeping, making me caress her face and brush her hair behind her ear. She moves a little and tucks herself closer to me.

"Don't go," she murmurs with her eyes still closed.

I caress the back of her head and pull her closer to me. "I'm here and I won't go." Then, I give her head a kiss, wishing it was her lips.

Suddenly, she starts breathing difficulty. I look down at her and see her sobbing again. My heart aches every time I see her crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I cup her face.

She shakes her head and hides her face on my chest. I can feel her tears on my shirt. "Please! Please! Don't hurt them, please!"

Who will be hurt? I start shaking her. "Maddy, wake up. You're dreaming!"

She screams but thankfully, her eyes fly open and meet mine. She hugs me tightly, like she's protecting me. Honestly, her hug is very tight I might get broken bones but I just let her so.

"Steve!" she exclaims followed by a sniff.

"I'm here. I'm here," I coo as I sit ourselves together.

"I hate nightmares," she says. "Especially with you in them."

I kiss her forehead and embrace her even more. "That was by far the sweetest thing I heard from you." I wipe her tears on her cheek with my thumbs and lean my forehead on hers. "I need you to stop crying."

She chuckles. I love it when she chuckles, when she laughs, when she smiles. I just hate seeing her sad and crying. And for that, I kiss her passionately on the lips and she kisses me back.

She wraps one arm around my neck and her other hand cups my cheek. I pull her closer to me as if I don't want to let go. And I really don't want to let go. I don't want to get out of her arms and her sweet lips.

Surprisingly, she pulls me down with her legs wrapped around my waist and we lie on the bed again, me on top. She caresses my cheek and scrunch my hair with the other hand. I caress her cheek and travel my hand to her nape.

Suddenly, she pushes me away lightly and our lips let go.

Good thing she does or else, we won't be able to stop and this may lead to something unpleasant. I wish we didn't stop but I respect her.

"Sorry," she says with a smile as she looks at me. "I just really like kissing you."

I chuckle. "So do I."

I give her one last kiss, about three seconds, and I let go of her sweet lips. I don't get out of her grasp. I stare at her dazzling dark brown eyes again as she stares back at mine.

"Hey, I've got to report to SHIELD," she says with a soft and sweet voice. "Fury might kill me for not reporting yesterday."

"I'll go with you," I reply, not getting my eyes out of hers.

"No need. And besides, I won't be long." She plays with my lips. "I'll be back for these."

I chuckle. "And I'll be waiting for this." I lean my lips to hers once again and kiss her passionately, my eyes closed.

She scrunches my hair again and we just kiss for the next few minutes.

=============================

A/N: I'll edit later... Off to school!

~Ronica ♥