So Close, Yet So Far

(Trying really hard with this! Hope this is good ;_; These few parts may be a boring. Also, school has been really stressful and difficult, so I'll try and update this as much as possible! Thanks for understanding and thanks for reading ♥)

For the past few days, Mark and Jack continued to Skype, since that was really the easiest way to see each other. They also occasionally did collaborations with one another, playing games like The Forest, Rocket League, and even sometimes Gmod with Bob and Wade.

Bob and Wade had no idea that Mark and Jack were dating. No one did, not their fans, family, or even their friends.

Mark sat on his bed, scrolling through Twitter on his phone. He sighed softly, setting his phone aside and laying down on the bed. He felt this... oddly painful feeling in his stomach.

The pain wasn't because of some physical problem, it was because Mark felt a little sad, even a bit lonely.

The brown-eyed gamer sighed, knowing exactly why he felt this way.
He and Jack lived so far away from each other. Jack was in a whole other continent.

Mark turned over on his side "It's gonna be a while 'til I can see him again.." He thought, knowing that he would never be able to move to Ireland, and he wouldn't want Jack to move away from his home, family, and friends.

The whole thought of all this just made Mark's stomach hurt even more.

Mark perked up a little when he heard a Skype call coming from his computer.

He sat up, thinking it was from Jack, but when he looked, it was Wade calling.

Mark stood up and went over to his computer, answering the call, giving a faint smile when he saw Wade "hey, Wade! What's up?"

Wade slowly lifted a bottle of alcohol into the air to show Mark "You said we should record some more Drunk Minecraft, right?".

Mark sighed "shit.... Forgot about that" he thought to himself. "Oh, yeah.... Right...".

Wade lifted an eyebrow "Hey you alright, Mark? You don't look so good".

Mark expressed confusion on his face. Did he really look down? Did he look the way he was feeling inside?

"Uhh... Yeah, I'm fine" in all honesty, Mark didn't feel like getting drunk. He never really got hangovers, he just wasn't in the mood to drink right now "but maybe we can do it later. I don't really feel like drinking right now".

Wade looked down slightly, lowering the bottle "Ok then...." He started, his eyes still looking down.

Mark crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow "He's already drunk, isn't he?". He chuckled "I'll talk to you later, Wade. Go sober up".

Wade rolled his eyes with a little drunken huff, ending the Skype call.

Mark was left with a faint, amused smile on his face. His smile slowly faded away after the thought of how far he is from Jack returned. He let out a simple little sigh, deciding to edit some videos and just try to relax for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Weeks Later

Jack stared down at his phone with a smile, clearly happy to be where he is right now.

It's been about 3 weeks since Mark and Jack started dating, and they haven't seen each other in person since a week or two before that.

Jack turned off his phone, slipping it into his blue hoodie's pocket, looking out the airplane's window.

Finally, he was going to see Mark again. Jack didn't tell him that he was coming, which made him a little nervous, making him start to think that he should've asked if Mark was available before spending all this money to fly out to see him.

The Irish YouTuber sighed and shook his head a little, dismissing any regretful thoughts. He wanted to see Mark, he needed to see Mark.