A Not so "Good" bye

"Morning, Jack~!" Mark greeted happily with a smile, still wearing his pajamas as he finished up making breakfast.

Jack rubbed his tired eyes "Morning" he replied with a soft yawn before going over and sitting down at the table.

Mark's smile faded a bit. He sighed quietly and also sat at the table "Did you sleep well?".

Jack shrugged "I've slept better".

Mark just sort of looked away, not knowing how to keep the conversation going.

Jack looked at Mark and noticed this, which caused him to sigh softly. The Irish gamer pulled his chair closer to Mark, so he sat right next to him "I'm sorry... I don't mean to make everything so sad".

Mark shook his head "It's ok, Jack. I just...really don't want you to go either...".

Jack looked down slightly, about to attempt a reply before Mark spoke again "Let's make the most out of this morning, ok? Maybe we can play a quick video game after breakfast?" He suggested softly, giving a small smile.

Jack returned the little smile and kissed Mark's cheek "Sounds like a plan" he wrapped an arm around Mark's shoulder and pulled him close "Love you".

Mark smiled a bit more and chuckled softly "Love you too, goofball".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ERGH! MOTHER FOCKER!" Jack shouted in anger with his thick Irish accent.

Mark laughed as he watched his boyfriend tightly grip his phone in rage.

The two were trying to pass the time by playing video games. The game they were playing was: Geometry Dash Meltdown.

Jack huffed angrily and handed his phone to Mark "YOUR TURN!" He growled.

Mark chuckled softly "ok ok, I got this" he stated in a boastful tone, though he knew that he probably didn't.

Jack leaned over, watching the little square bounce and dodge through colorful obstacles. The two men grew nervous and tense as Mark struggled to not slip up and die again.

"YES!" Mark yelled in a successful tone after he finally beat the level, raising his arms in the air.

Jack laughed and gave Mark a high-five "WOOHOO~! FINALLY!".

Mark chuckled "Damn, that's way more frustrating than it should be".

Jack nodded with an amused smile "Yeah. Pfft. Never doubted you for a second!".

Mark rolled his eyes with a smile. He was about to say something, but he was then remembered what time it was "Oh shoot" he sighed softly "We better get going to the airport...".

Jack's heart dropped and his smile disappeared. He sighed and looked down with a little nod "Ok...".

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two YouTubers packed Jack's suitcases into the trunk of Mark's car, before getting in and sitting in the front, Jack taking shotgun.

The drive was fairly quiet and very calm, but it also had a hint of sadness in the atmosphere. Occasionally the Let's Players would talk to one another, but for the most part, there wasn't much said.

Jack's stomach tightened and Mark's heart ached when they arrived at the airport and entered the building with Jack's belongings.

This feeling. It hurt so much.

"Hey, it's ok...." Mark spoke softly, hugging Jack "We'll see each other again very soon" he smiled a little "Maybe I can come visit you in Ireland?".

Jack smiled sadly and giggled lightly "I....I guess" he replied softly, hugging Mark even tighter as he lost his smile rather quickly.

Mark's smile faded. He sighed quietly and pulled away a little. Still holding Jack closely, he kissed him on the lips lovingly, closing his eyes as he did so.

Jack started to tear up as he too closed his eyes during the affectionate kiss. He tilted his head very slightly, blushing faintly when he felt Mark's gentle hand rest on the side of his pale face.

The two could sense a few strangers stealing glances at them from a distance, but neither of them really cared too much. They just wanted this relaxing moment to last forever.

But it couldn't.

Mark eventually pulled away. He sighed softly and wiped the tears that had rolled down Jack's cheek "I love you, Jack" he said softly, as if one of them were about to die "More than anything..".

Jack sniffled and tightly hugged Mark once again, burying the side of his face against his shoulder "I love you too, Mark..." He whimpered quietly in a softly sad tone "I love you so much...".

Mark smiled lightly and kissed Jack's forehead, seeing the sadness in his expressive eyes "It's ok, Jack. It's not like we'll never see each other again".

Jack just sighed and hugged Mark even tighter.

"Promise to Skype me when you get home?"

Jack sniffled and forced a little smile "promise".

Mark smiled and booped Jack's nose, making him giggle "You better get going. You're gonna miss your flight".

Jack's smile softened and he nodded, sadly pulling away from Mark "Love you, Markimoo".

Mark smiled a little to try and reassure Jack, and even himself "Love you too, Jackaboy" he replied warmly, trying his best to keep his smile as Jack started to turn "I'll see you later, ok?".

Jack nodded ".. B-Bye..." He muttered, loud enough for Mark to hear, before he turned around and headed for his flight.

Mark's smile disappeared completely as he watched his Irish boyfriend turn and walk away, who was too saddened to look back.

He sighed quietly and turned around, heading out of the airport and back to his car.