Chapter 4: The Mystery Shack

Tom's POV

I stood outside in front of a huge sign. It read Welcome to Gravity Falls.

"Bill, where are we?"

Bill Cipher gestured to the sign, "Gravity Falls, can't you read."

I sighed, "I mean why are we here?"

"Relax kid, stop asking questions and it'll all make sense."

I growled. This triangle was going to drive me insane. He's just been floating around doing nothing while I'm here wondering when I'll get my revenge.

I hated not being the one in charge. I didn't want to have to listen to Bill's orders, but I guess I have no choice if I want to get rid of Marco.

I was losing patience. "Bill, are you going to tell me what to do or not? I'm tired of standing around waiting and-"

"Woah three eyes, calm down." Bill said, "Here's what I need you to do."

"Finally" I mumbled.

"See you're not the only one I've been making deals with, along with me helping you, you and everyone else have to help me with my big plans."

"Okay, so what do you want me to do."

"I need you to destroy the barrier protecting the Mystery Shack."

"The Mystery what?"

"You will have to befriend the Pines family, gain their trust, especially Pine Tree's-"

"Who's Pine Tree?"

Bill of course ignored my question and continued like I never spoke, "And then you need to destroy the barrier and give me any extra information you find out."

"Why?"

"Because I'm helping you destroy Marco, now go along."

"Wait but-"

"DON'T FORGET TO BUY GOLD! BYE!" Bill disappeared.

"He is so annoying." I growled.

If I was going to befriend this tree family or whatever, I would need to find a way to control me anger. I got rid of my support team, so I guess I'll have to try other strategies.

"Where the heck is this Mystery Shack anyway?" I began walking in search for it.

Why couldn't Bill at least tell me where to go? I can't stand him. I'll have to deal with him though because he's helping me.

After what felt like hours of walking I finally found the Mystery Shack.

"Well it sure looks like a shack." I said while climbing up the steps.

I opened the door. Sitting at the cash register was a red head girl flipping through the pages of a magazine. The store was filled with crazy things and creatures. Obviously this was a tourist trap. A place for ignorant tourist to visit and spend their money on junk.

I really wish I came up with a plan before walking in. So I stood there for about 5 minutes thinking about what I was going to do.

"Umm, can I help you?" The girl at the register asked while looking at her magazine.

I guess I had to improvise my way through, "Uh, yeah........ Do you guys have any job openings?"

The girl looked up and stared at me. Her jaw dropped. She slowly stood up. "I'll be right back." She ran off in into the back room.

I sighed. I didn't have time for this.

I tapped my foot impatiently while waiting. Everyone just stared at me weirdly. Why can't people mind their own business? I felt anger building up in my stomach. Humans are so annoying. The most stupidest creatures out there.

The girl came back with an old guy who I assumed was the person in charged or something.

"Your looking for a job?" The old man asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Well that's great, we've been looking for another interesting attraction and you can be one."

"An attraction!" I spat. "You want to use me as something people just walk by and star at!"

I told myself I needed to calm down, but my anger was really building up. I just wanted to kill everyone in here, I just felt that violent tug in me. And then I thought of Star. She left me because of my violent anger problems. I took a deep breath. And then a bunch more.

"Are you done now?" The man asked.

I closed my eyes. "Yes. I am calm now."

"So are you gonna take the job or not dude." The girl asked.

I felt my adrenaline go back down and I was back to normal. "Yeah. Sure I'll take the job."

I really hated this. I hated this. I want to break something right now.

This better be worth it.

"When do I start?" I asked.

"Today of course!" The old man told me.

The red head led me to the back room.

This really better be worth it.