Chapter 44: The Most Mediocre Team Ever, But It's Good Enough

Star's POV

Mabel and I headed out to began searching for some more people to join, what I call, The Most Mediocre Team Ever.

"How many people do you think we'll find?" I asked Mabel while kicking the rock in front of me.

"I don't know," Mabel said, "We can find a lot! Or very little, but I'm sure whatever it is it'll be good enough,"

"Let's hope so," I sighed.

We wondered down the streets. The once beautiful town filled with wonder and mystery was now pretty ugly. It will is full of mystery though! Except the mystery is what could possibly tear down a town like this. In the background all you could hear were screams and other noises you expect to hear during an apocalypse.

"I think we should try to find Pacifica," Mabel said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well she has some sort of expirence with these kind of things, and plus she's someone we know,"

"Yeah, you're right," I said, "Who else?"

"We can search for Wendy and Robbie, they're two of our other friends, well Wendy is our friend, Robbie is... well Robbie,"

"Anyone else?"

"Old Man McGucket, Soos," Mabel then shivered, "... And Gideon"

"Who's Gideon?" I asked.

"This crazy dude who was obsessed with me for the longest! He was absolutely insane!"

"Wow, I guess we both have that in common," I joked.

"Having insane men chase after us," We both said in unison.

We both laughed while wondering down the streets. It's a pretty funny sight to be honest. Everywhere is destruction and then there we are, two brightly dressed girls skipping down the street laughing and joking around. Then all of a sudden we heard a voice.

"Mabel?" The voice said.

Then another deeper voice said, "That is Mabel!"

Two girls came running out from an alleyway. One was a short Asian girl and the other was a more, masculine I guess, looking girl.

"Grenda! Candy!" Mabel squealed as they all hugged.

"We were so worried!" The girl named Candy said.

"We thought we might've been the only ones alive!" Grenda said.

"Thank goodness you guys are here!" Mabel said, "Want to join our army to defeat Bill?!"

"Of course!" Candy exclaimed.

"Sounds fun!" Grenda said.

"We should have a name," Candy said.

"I already chose a name, The Most Mediocre Team Ever," I said.

"Who's that?" Grenda and Candy both said.

"This is Star!" Mabel said, "She's a magical princess from another dimension,"

"A princess?" Candy said.

"A real princess?" Grenda said more excitedly.

They both bowed down.

"Please don't do that!" I said.

"We're so honored to join your team!" They said while still bowing down.

"Please get up,"

"But may I add on to the name, your majesty," Candy asked.