Chapter 14: Demons, Plans and Other Issues

Mabel's POV

Tom and I agreed to meet once again at the diner for lunch to talk more about our plan. Tom said he wasn't exactly welcome at the Mystery Shack and anywhere else would draw to much attention, so we agreed to just meet at the diner again.

Tom sat before me eating his food. Of course I had to pay. He said he didn't have any money, so I stole some out of the cash register at the shack. I'll probably get a lecture about it, but who cares.  I didn't have much of an appetite though. I felt guilty. Dipper and I may have our occasional fights, but we normally forgive and forget. This was different. Dipper has not said a word to me since that fight. Not only did I feel bad for saying those things to him, but he called me selfish. It seems like my nice reputation keeps getting worst and worst. First that stupid unicorn who told me I want pure of heart and now Dipper calling me selfish! It doesn't matter what the unicorns think of me, but Dipper. My closest friend and brother thinks something bad about me. That just stung. I felt the waterworks starting up, so I quickly drunk some of my water and blinked my tears away.

"Is everything okay Mabel?" Tom asked.

I looked up at him. He actually looked concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. Tom probably doesn't time for my little problems, so why bother him with them.

Tom glanced at my plate and back at me, "You barley touched any of your food, are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine." I snapped.

Tom's eye twitched and I thought he was going to be upset at me snapping at him, I braced myself for one of his explosions, but he remained calm.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure everything was good with you." Tom smiled.

Ugh, I'm going through so much right now. The last thing I need is another summer crush. Especially on a demon. From what I've  learned this summer, you don't go for the supernatural boys. But his smile was so sweet and genuine!

Mabel, stop gushing and pay attention! I told myself. I took a bite of my food to show nothing was wrong so he wouldn't have to worry anymore.

"So, how are we going to stop Marco?" I asked him, in hopes that it will take his mind off me.

"I heard Star and that boy are staying at your place, is that true?" He inquired.

Memories of last night rushed into my head again. Mabel, answer the question, stop thinking about your issues!

"Um, yeah." I felt my hand move to mess with my hair, curse my nervous habits, "They're staying with us until Star gets her wand fixed."

"Wait, Star's wand is broken?" Tom asked shockingly.

"That's why they're here, according to, her." I replied, "She told me this morning at breakfast."

Tom randomly stood up and hit the table, "I have an idea!" He exclaimed.

Everyone in the diner stopped they're meals and conversations so stare at us. I stared straight ahead. Why must he call so much attention to us?

I saw Tom blush slightly before he shook his head, he sat back down, "Sorry, I got a little excited."

I giggled, "It's fine, what's your idea?"

"I need that wand, do you know where it's kept?" He asked.

"What's the idea?"

Tom hesitated for a second, "If I could take- I mean borrow, Star's wand, I can, umm, fix it! And Star will be happy and realize she still loves me!"

Something told me he was leaving a part out, but I decided to ignore that feeling.

"And, if I help you, Dipper will realize I'm more then a silly little girl and might want to hang out with me again!" I exclaimed coming to realization of how this plan can help both of us.

"Yeah, that too!" Tom replied.

"Okay, but we have many things to think about with this plan, the wand is in the basement, but Stanford and Dipper are down there 24/7, so how are we going to get it?"

"And, how are we going to distract everyone so they don't know we have it?"

Tom sat there thinking of something so I pretend to think too, so I can seem serious just like him.

"You know, this reminds me of the time Dipper and I tried to uncover who really founded Gravity Falls!" I randomly blurted out, "Pacifica said I couldn't be serious, but I proved her wrong and uncovered the whole thing!"

Tom stared at me for a really long time. Finally he said something, "That's, umm, cool, but we really need to find out how to steal the wand."

Oh great job Mabel, you did it again. Couldn't stay focus on one thing could ya. Now he probably doesn't want to hang out with you anymore, I thought.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Tom laughed, "It's fine, when anyone gets excited they can start to babble on about something."

I smiled. It's hard to believe, such a nice, sweet, and understanding guy could be a demon. I thought demons were pure evil like Bill, but I guess not all are the same.

Mabel, you don't know that, what if he's tricking you. My inner voice said.

Oh shut up, what do you know? I argued back in my head.

The same as you silly, we're the same person. It replied.

Tom snapped me back to reality, "Uh, Mabel, I have to go, I'll see you later." Tom ran out.

That was weird. He left in a hurry, and seemed nervous like something was wrong.

I sat alone for 10 more minutes until someone burst in.

"Mabel!" A voice called, "You're making a terrible mistake."

I looked to the voice and saw no other then Star Butterfly, the girl who's staying with us, and her friend, Marco Diaz.

A/N

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took long to update. My spring break was pretty hectic. Anyway, I've reached 1.5k reads!!!!! Thank you to everyone who's checked out my stories! Also, I always follow back! If I'm following you and you want me to check out some of your stories, I will just ask! Thanks to everyone! Also I have started a Reverse Pines fanfic! Please check it out if you want too! I love every single one of you! Hugs and hugs (I don't like kissing people.)! Bye.

Note: I was extremely tired while writing that authors note so ignore the madness.