Chapter 5: The Longest Nights Ever

Dipper's POV

I haven't been sleeping well. I've become a total insomniac. I mean sure, Bill can't hurt us as long as we're in the shack, but I still feel really paranoid. The last thing I need is Bill in my body again. Do you know how violating that feels? Every night I stay up. I feel like something bad is going to happen and I don't know what.

I'm so close to solving all the mysteries, but I can't even seem to solve the one that's right in front of me. What does Bill plan on doing?

Every night I know he's out there, searching for a way inside. I can feel it. But I also feel something else, like their is someone else out to get me and my family.

Tonight was one of those nights again. I was so tired, but my eyes wouldn't close. I couldn't shake off the feeling as if something bad was going to happen.

The moon was full and shined brightly through the triangle shaped window.

I shivered. Why is everything triangular?

I looked over at Mabel. She was sleeping.

I stared at the ceiling. At least when I was obsessing over Wendy I had something to think about.

I sighed. I should feel safe, but I don't. I have nothing to occupy myself with.

I closed my eyes hoping I would fall asleep, but I couldn't.

I checked the time. It was 3:36.

So maybe we're safe against Bill, but what about the other evil creatures.

I stood up. Maybe something to drink will help me fall asleep. I sleepily headed down the stairs. In the living room the TV played and the quiet sounds of the voices inside played from it. Grunkle Stan was asleep on the couch while the lights from the TV danced on him.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. The fridge light flickered for a second. This fridge must be getting old.

I felt as if something was wrong, like someone was watching me.

I ignored it and made myself a cup of milk.

After I finished that I went upstairs hoping sleep will come easier.

It didn't.

I tossed and turned unable to sleep at all. I still felt like I was being watched. Something big was coming. Great Uncle Ford is never out as often as before. He stays in the basement almost all day preparing. He obviously knows more then we do.

It took awhile but I eventually fell asleep. But not the relaxing good kind of sleep that you never want to wake up from, an uncomfortable sleep that makes you feel sick when you wake up and wonder where you are and stuff.

But I'm used to it. Every night is the same. Restless. I feel like someone's watching me. It can't be Bill, so who is it?