Chapter 37: The Labyrinth

Tom's POV

I walked away stepping over the unconscious bodies. Destruction laid everywhere.

I sat down on a set of concrete stairs. I sighed.

I really messed up this time.

Star and Mabel walked over.

"Are you done with your temper tantrum?" Star asked.

I stood up, "Let's just find your friend and go,"

We began walking with no plan. We were all silent. The screams and cries from demons surrounded us, but nothing was louder then the obvious tension between me and Star.

Mabel kicked a rock, "So... what's the plan?"

"I don't know," Star began, "Tom seems to be close to Bill, what do you think Tom?"

I decided to ignore her comment since we had a bigger issue at hand and the last thing I needed was for Mabel and Star to be even more mad at me for causing them to miss the chance to save the people they care about.

"Bill probably has them," I stated matter of factly.

"Obviously," Star snapped.

"Bill most likely has them trapped somewhere with him," Mabel pointed out.

"And he must have a headquarters somewhere," I added on.

"We'll have to break in somehow," Mabel finished.

Star rolled her eyes, "Glad you two get along so well, let's go,"

She began walking ahead.

Mabel gave me a look as if asking what's wrong with her. I shrugged in return and we began following.

"So, how are we going to get in?" I asked.

"We'll need more help then just us," Mabel said.

"But how, everyone's unconscious," Star said.

"There has to be a way to wake them up," Mabel walked up to one body.

"Tom, your a demon, can't you do something," She said while poking at the body.

"Uh, I don't know," I said, "Ask Star, she's the magical princess,"

"I don't have a wand," Star blatantly said.

"Can't you do magic without it?" I asked.

"I- I don't know," Star said flustered, "I can try, but I don't know,"

Star walked up to the body and squat down to it. She stared it in the face.

"Umm, wake up," She said to the body.

I face palmed immediately, "This isn't going to work,"

"I'm trying!" Star complained, "I wouldn't have to do this if I had my wand which somebody gave to a sociopathic demon!"