Chapter 25: Decisions

Tom's POV

I realized when Mabel began to back out of our plans I had to make a choice. The new friendship I made with Mabel or finally getting the love of my life. Surprisingly it was a tough choice. Before all this I would've easily chosen Star, but I mean, Mabel was so nice to me even though I was a demon. She was the only friend I ever really had, but then I remembered. In the end, I have to make the choice that will complete my end of the deal for Bill. This isn't just a small wish, if I back out, things could get bad. Besides, no amount of kindness will stifle the thirst for revenge I have. I will get rid of Marco and anyone else that tries to steal my Star away from me.

I had a tranquilizer before hand, Bill lend me one in case I'd ever need it. I didn't want to hurt or kill Mabel, but I figured the safest way to go was to tranquilize her. She's not in any danger (hopefully). She'll just sleep while I finish what I need to do. Besides, she deserved it! She promised to help me and she backed out. We made a deal! So I plunged the syringe into her neck. The sound almost killed me. Her scream, the fearful look in her eyes, and I could feel her resentment towards me. Before I could even process what this meant, I ran out.

After escaping the Mystery Shack with the wand I began to run. I forgot all about Toffee's threat and began to head to an empty area to give the wand to Bill to fix.

"Well, well, well," I heard the familiar voice of Bill Cipher ring around the area I was in. The sky grew dark and time slowed, "Looks like Mr. Three Eyes finally got something done for once,"

"Don't even start Bill," I groaned, "I got the wand, now fix it!"

Bill eyed the wand hungrily. He quickly snatched it from my hands. He felt the wand and moved it around in his hands.

"Ford did a pretty nice job on it," He said.

Then I began to wonder, it would make no sense if Bill didn't fix the wand, I mean what does a demon like him need with a magic wand?

Bill leaned towards me, "Thanks for the wand, I'm keeping it,"

"What?" I growled.

Bill began to circle around me, "Well I have some, hmm, friends , who could use magic like this,"

I glared at him. Why am I suprised? I've been warned not to trust him.

"Relax kid," Bill said, "I'm still going to give you what you want, but in case you forgot, you still didn't break the barrier,"

"Bill!" I shouted, "I've been busy getting this stupid wand for you! How am I supposed to break the barrier now that I've probably lost all of the little trust they had with me?"

Bill rolled his eyes, or should I say eye, "Destroy the shack, duh,"

"W-what?"

"Originally it seemed simple to just gain their trust, but some of the Pines just refuse to befriend you, so now you just need to destroy the barrier, but it'll be easier if you just destroy the whole shack,"

"So what? You want me to just burn down the shack,"

"Look who finally has a brain," Bill sneered.

"But-"

"Also, while you're at it grab some items for me,"

"Of course, would you like me to do that before I destroy a building with people occupying it or after," I said sarcastically.

"Whichever works better for you," Bill said flatly.

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't stand this guy. Or triangle. Or whatever you'd say he is.

"Find me a flash drive," He told me.

"What?" Why would he want a flash drive?

"A flash drive," He replied more sternly, "and don't ask why, it's not of your concern."

I huffed, "I should get paid for all I have to do for you,"

"Yeah, yeah," Bill waved me off.

I began to turn around.

"Teenagers, they're so irritating," He mumbled.

I clenched my fists and stormed off.

How am I supposed to destroy this barrier? Clearly it's difficult since even Bill couldn't do it. How does he expect me to do it? And he expects me to burn the entire house down! I mean if it's the only way and it means I get to destroy Marco, then I will, but that seems extreme.

I stared at the shack when I got an idea. The barrier blocks Bill from getting anyone inside the house, what if I set a small part of the shack on fire in attempt to lure the family outside giving Bill an open shot! Perfect! I can make the fire spread once everyone's out, and maybe get the barrier too while I'm at it. I needed a firecracker, matches, and gasoline. A firecracker will make noise alerting those inside, the matches will start a fire, and The gasoline would make the fire spread along the barrier! It's risky since it's so close to the house and if I were to make a misstep, the place will burn to quickly for them to get out. Hopefully I'd get it right.

After buying the needed supplies (along with Bill's flash drive), I prepared to do my job. I set up the firecracker right by a small side of the house. I splashed gasoline around. I then got a match. I'm using the match to start most of the fire, but the firecracker will make noise so they will get out. Once the fire started spreading I backed up. It spread real fast, the cracking and popping of flames filled my ears.

I was thinking, maybe this is too far, I should've done this once everyone was out of the house. They should've been at a family outing for something. Maybe I could get some water and-

I heard a scream. A familiar scream. A scream that came from the mouth of Star Butterfly.

All other thoughts left my mind. I forgot about the fire. I forgot about Bill. I forgot about my mission. My mind only had one thought in mind.

"Star!" I called while running mindlessly into the woods.

A/N
Thanks for reading this! Every read, vote, and comment inspires me to keep writing! If there are any errors or things that don't make sense PLEASE tell me! Sometimes I miss things while writing. Also! Some other old characters from Gravity Falls may or may not be returning. But anyway, godspeed dudes, and see you next update! <3