Chapter 22: Toffee

Star's POV

Marco and I were walking out of a cool ice cream parlor we found in Gravity Falls. The ice cream here is amazing!

"How is ice cream even made?" I squealed, "Earth is so magical!"

Marco jokingly rolled his eyes, "It's not magic Star," He laughed.

I skipped down the side walk. "You know, it's rather sad that Dipper and Mabel are fighting." I randomly said.

I guess thinking about how good of friends Marco and I are made me think of the twins. They were close and now they're fighting. I'd hate for that to happen to Marco and I.

"Yeah, it's sad that they must argue so loud," Marco grumbled, "How can I sleep when they're yelling at eachother?"

"I'm being serious Marco," I told him, "We never had a fight that serious, what if we end up fighting?"

"Star, the only thing I have to be mad about with you is that I had to pay for both of our ice cream because you left your money at the shack," Marco jokingly said.

I gave a laugh to show I wasn't upset, but I was. I felt something. As if something was wrong. Maybe not with Marco and I, but I felt something bad coming up. I keep having nightmares where Marco gets hurt or I'm helpless. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like something big is about to happen.

"Hey, Star," Marco said, "Don't worry about Mabel and Dipper, I'm sure they'll make up."

I nodded.

We were heading back to the mystery shack when all of a sudden Marco froze.

"Marco?"

He didn't answer.

"Marco?"

He just stood there.

"Marco?????"

"Star? Is that Ludo?" Marco finally said.

I looked to wear he was looking. I saw a glimpse of what looked like one of Ludo's minions. I began to follow it and waved Marco to come along. We hid in the trees as we delved into the forest. It was a monster from Ludo. It was walking back to what I assumed was their base. We continued follow it.

"Marco," I whispered, "Keep watch."

Marco gave a hard nod and got ready to attack if necessary.

I left my hiding spot and followed closer to the creature. It seemed to be heading to a cave.

All of a sudden I heard a sound. I turned. It was a ruffle in the bushes.

Must be Marco, I told myself to calm my nerves.

I ignored it and continued to follow the monster. I was about to duck into the cave when all of a sudden something grabbed my mouth. I tried to scream but whatever these things were continued to tie me up and carry me. I twist and fought only to get muttered "stop moving"'s. Eventually after I kept fighting I was hit across the head knocking me out.

When I awoke I found myself in a clearing of the forest. It was dark and I couldn't see anyone else. I thought I was alone. I looked down and saw that I was tied up to a tree. I tried to move, but I was stuck. I attempted to scream only to notice that my mouth was taped shut. I kicked and fought against the ropes and screamed as loud as I could, but my screams were muffled and the ropes weren't budging. I felt tears come into my eyes. Where was Marco? Where was I? Am I going to die? Who would do this to me?

Then I saw someone.

I looked up. I didn't recognize this creature, but I knew they weren't human. They had greenish gray skin and a long face.

I stared at the creature in fear.

"Hello Star," He said, "I'm Toffee"