Chapter 16: Convincing Mabel

Marco's POV

"Mabel! You're making a terrible mistake!" Star yelled while bursting through the doors dramatically.

Leave it to Star to make a huge entrance.

Mabel turned around, "What?"

I finally was able to put the pieces together on why Tom was in Gravity Falls. There's no possible way he knew we were arriving, so he must've had another reason. Us being here was probably a plus. So I talked to Dipper (who's a pretty awesome dude), and he told me about another demon who resides in Gravity Falls, Bill Cipher. Tom wants Star and Bill Cipher can help him get her. And whatever he's supposed to do for Bill, must include the Pines family which explains why he was there. The only Pines not there was Mabel, so Mabel might be the one Tom's using. Luckily, their great uncle, Stan, could tell us where she is. And guess we were right because I saw Tom and her sitting at the table. Until Tom and I made eye contact and he bolted away. We'll have to worry about him later, because right now we have to save Mabel.

Star and I walked over the the booth where Mabel resided.

"What are you guys doing here?" Mabel asked.

She was so innocent and naïve, no wonder Tom targeted her. That creep.

"Listen, Mabel, we have some bad news about that friend of yours, Tom." I told her.

Star and I slid into the booth. Mabel eyes stared at us in confusion.

"Did something happen to him?" She asked, "He was here just a second ago."

"No, it's not that," Star said.

"Then what?"

I sighed, "Tom is not who you think he is."

Mabel's eyebrows scrunched up, "I'm confused, what are you talking about?"

"Tom is a total psychopath, he only cares about himself and is using you." I explained to her.

"What?" Mabel said, "No he isn't."

"Yes, he's evil and is out to get everyone, you can't hang out with him anymore."

"What?" Mabel snapped, "Who are you to tell me who I can hang out with!"

Wow. She was not taking this easy.

"Mabel, we're just trying to help." Star said calmly.

"Well you're only making things worst!" Mabel cried while running out.

"Wait! Mabel." We ran after her.

Guess Tom is better at manipulating people then we thought.