Chapter 10: Mabel Pines

Tom's POV

I probably should explain why I knew who Mabel was. Well you see, after Bill threatened to replace me and not help me destroy Marco, I knew I had to try harder. I asked around town about the Pines family to get some info on them. Most people just said that Stanford lived there and owned the Mystery Shack and was taking care of  this set of twins for the summer, Mabel and Dipper. I already met Dipper and assumed he did not want to help me, but I haven't met Mabel and from what I heard she was pretty naive, so I went on a hunt for her. Luckily I didn't have to look for long because I passed her on the streets.

Anyway, my plan was to get her on my side and then convince her to do what ever Bill tells me to tell her to do. Simple enough, and so far it seems to be working. She's my ticket to getting rid of Marco, but I do feel a very, small feeling that what I was doing was wrong. What's that feeling called again? It starts with a G or something and it makes your stomach hurt sometimes and you just- wait I remember it's guilt! Mabel's ecstatic and innocent personality reminds me of Star, so it's hard using her without thinking of Star.

No Tom, remember you goal here.

I watched Mabel as she suggested things I should try. She pointed to different things on the menu and gave her reviews on what she thinks of them. I tried to pay attention, but I was just too worried about what will happen if I fail Bill. Not that I'm scared of him or anything. Like sure he can destroy my life in a snap of his fingers, but he doesn't scare me. Okay, maybe he scares me a little bit, but I'm never going to admit that to anyone. But I really want to see Marco suffer and have Star as mine, if I fail Bill that will never happen.

"So what are you going to get?" Mabel asked happily.

"Uh, whatever you pick." I told her.

To be honest, I wasn't even hungry. I was too worried about everything that was going on. My plan is flawless and all, but what if she messes up and ruins everything? No, I can't have any doubts. This will work.

The waitress walked by and Mabel ordered for us.

The lady who was serving us was weird. She had one eye, and the other was closed shut and a funny way of talking. No offense to her though.

"And who is this young man?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. I hate when people say  "young man" or "young lady". It's stupid.

Mabel smiled, "This is Tom. He's visiting."

"Aww, Gravity Falls barley ever gets visitors, nice to meet you Tom."

I gave a small smile to the lady.

The waitress took our order and walked off . I decided now was the time to start phase one of my plan. Get Mabel on my side. And the best way to do that to manipulate her into believing I understand her.

"So Mabel, tell me about yourself." I said.

"Well, I'm staying here for the summer with my brother Dipper at the Mystery Shack with out great uncle Stan." She told me.

She began to talk about Stan and about despite him being a con man he was secretly really sweet and cared about them despite what he said.

"What about your brother?" I asked. She barley said much about him she kind of just mentioned him, so clearly something is bothering her and it has to do with him.

Mabel's smiled faltered for a second, but she regained it quickly. "Umm, well he's been my only friend for a while and I really care about him. He's always been there for me," she stared at the table for a second, "I almost forgot! I have to tell you about my friends Candy and Grenda!"