Chapter 7: I Need A New Plan

Tom's POV

When I say I hate this job, I mean I really hate this job.

It was only my first day and I already hated it. These tourist are so dumb. They pay just to see me stand there and yell at them and Stan. They even paid extra when my temper almost exploded. As much as this job sucks, the families not that bad. Stan didn't want me to stay in the Mystery Shack and said I could sleep outside, but his granddaughter, Mabel I think, insisted I have the extra room upstairs.

It was locked and they unlocked it and I slept on the couch there. I was told not to touch the rug for any reason at all, but I didn't really care so I didn't bother making an effort to touch it.

Anyway, my plan is simple.

Step 1: find a way into Mystery Shack (got a job, so got this step out of the way)

Step 2: Befriend the Pines family.
(Mabel seems to like me a lot, so now just for her brother who I haven't met yet)

Step 3: Destroy the barrier keeping Bill from invading the Mystery Shack.

Step 4: Destroy Marco and anyone else who even looks at Star so she can be all mine.

Easy right? Well at least is seemed easy.

It was my second day on the job and I was standing there doing whatever Stan said to do. Telling myself that this will all be worth it when I get to slowly kill Marco and watch the life die out of him in his eyes. Just the thought of it makes me happy and calm.

It was going great, fantastic even, until he came. Not only did he come, he brought Star with him. I thought I handled the situation perfectly, but others might not say the same.

I heard the door open and waited for the next wave of tourist when I heard Star's voice. First I thought it was Mabel, I mean they do act and sound similar, but I knew it was Star as soon as I heard Marco's voice.

"Hey! Can someone help us?" Star called.

It took every bit of strength not to run over there. Star's still a little mad about what happened at the Blood Moon Ball, but she'll get over it.

"What do you need?" I heard the cashier girl, Wendy say.

"Does anybody who happens to know how to fix this wand work here?" Star asked.

"Wait, what?"

"Umm, hi excuse me," I heard Marco say, "My friend here broke this and we wanted to know who here can fix it."

I felt anger surge through me and felt a tug in my stomach. I wanted to destroy him.

Then I heard a new voice, "Is that a wand?" It excitedly asked.

That sounded like a voice of a loser. I felt my anger go down a bit.

"Yeah! Do you know anyone who can fix it?" Star said.

I felt my anger go down more and felt sad instead. Wow, that was new.

"Yes!" The loser voiced boy said excitedly, "Follow me!"

I was curious to see what was going on so I stepped down from my spot and walked towards the front of the shack. I saw no other then Star Butterfly walking away. And then Marco was there. Way to ruin everything Marco.

I tried not to, but I had to follow them. Wendy noticed me waking off but didn't care. So technically this whole thing is her fault for not stopping me.

Anyway, I followed Star, Marco, and that weird kid who was chattering on about the mysteries of Gravity Falls and how his Great Uncle is so great at fixing stuff. He just talked and talked and talked. He didn't seem to notice me following them and I probably should've kept it that way but he was annoying.

"Geez kid do you ever shut up?" I accidentally blurted out.

They all turned towards me. Have I ever mentioned I hate when people stare at me.

The kid jaw dropped, Marco stood like he was about to fight me (he can try), and Star looked very annoyed.

"Tom?" She said with an edge to her voice, "What are you doing here?"

"Working a summer job, gotta get money some way." I replied

"I mean, what are you doing here on Earth?"

"I'm free to go wherever I want, whenever." I told her.

Marco stepped forward like he was about to fight me. See that's something annoying about him. He steps up like he's the strong one, but Star can defend herself just fine. Also the first day I met him he almost made me lose it. I really truly hate him.

I glared at him, "What Diaz? Gonna fight me?"

"Tom sto-" Star started.

"Maybe I should." Marco replied.

I felt anger stab me and I wanted nothing more then to destroy him. I took a shaky deep breath. "Go ahead."

Marco began to come forward.

"Marco stop!" Star snapped.

He hesitated making it easy to tackle him. Marco is so weak making it so easy to beat him up. Star screamed and told me to stop.

"Don't worry Star, he's just another obstacle between you and me, one day we'll be together and nothing can tear us apart!" I told her.

Star looked furious and walked over and tried to break up the fight.

Of course Marco accidentally punched her making me furious. I can tell I was really angry because I kind of sorta lost control and did something really bad. I don't really remember, I just know I started talking all demonic like (but I am a demon so that can't be helped) and my eyes turned red (I was angry, couldn't help it) and blasted him and he went unconscious. Not my fault though. He totally put that on himself.

Sadly, I got fired. That kid, who is apparently Dipper, ran off to get his Grunkle aka my boss and he told me to leave. Ugh! Marco ruins EVERYTHING! He just keep destroying my life! Plus it gets worst. Bill visited me.

I was walking alone in the street growling about Marco when Bill showed up.

"Well, looks like you screwed things up!" He laughed.

"I'm not in the mood Bill!" I snapped.

He stopped, "Kid, you do know that if you don't hold up your end of the deal I'll ask someone else to help."

"But what about your end of the bargain?"

"Guess Star won't be yours anytime soon."

"But-"

"Here, I'll be nice and give you a few more days to get at least something done, but if not I'll find someone else, but anyway I'll be watching you!"

"Wait don't-" and he left.