Chapter 27: My "Hero"

Star's POV

Toffee stood there taunting me. He had me in his control, any wrong move and he'd boil me.

I glared at him in rage. I couldn't believe this.

"Someone's going to find me!" I spat at him, "And when they do you're gonna be in a lot of trouble!"

"I'm terrified," he said dryly.

"In case you forgot, I am a princess," I blurted in attempt to frighten him, "My parents find out what you're doing then-"

"Gnomes, lower her down a bit," Toffee smirked, "She's getting to mouthy for me,"

I shrieked as I felt myself drop a few inches, the tips of my hair barley touching the fire. My face was red from heat, I was sweating, blood was rushing to my brain. I felt like crying. How could all this happen? All I wanted was to fix my wand!

Toffee walked up to me and crouched down, "Listen Star, it wasn't supposed to end this way, trust me, it's not personal,"

I spat at him.

He immediately growled in anger, "You little brat!"

"You can hang me under as many fires as you please! You can try to destroy my wand! You can hurt Marco, but I promise I won't stop fighting!" I screamed at him, "You said this isn't personal, but it is! You made it personal! You threatened me and the ones I love all over some dumb wand! I refuse to let you kill me like this! If you really want to hurt me why don't you fight me instead of letting your little gnomes do all the work!"

Toffee seemed surprised at my outburst, but only for a little bit.

He glared at me before turning around and walking away from me.

He then returned with a bucket of water and threw it on the fire.

"Fine then Star," He said, "If you want a fight, then we'll have a fight,"

He untied the ropes and I fell to the ground. Toffee then backed up.

All of a sudden all of Ludo's minions came out of the dark surrounding me.

Okay, maybe this was a dumb idea, I thought to myself.

"What do I do?" I muttered to myself.

Star, calm down, you've done things without magic before or without your wand, just calm down and think.

Too bad I didn't have a chance too.

All the monsters jumped and I let out he most loudest and blood curling screams I ever heard.

I couldn't fight back. Monsters came from every corner scratching, hitting, biting. I tried my hardest to defend myself, but it was no point. I curled up into a ball and I began to cry. In the middle of a battle I cried.

I didn't feel anything anymore. I was numb. I was losing. I was powerless.

"Please!" I begged, "Stop! I'll do anything!"

The attacks got more rough and painful making me let out another painful scream.

Then slowly it seemed as if less and less creatures were attacking me. I peeked out from my protection ball and saw monsters getting attacked by someone. I couldn't see clearly as my eyes were blurry from tears.

Soon it stopped.

"Star?" I heard a voice say.

I slowly unfolded myself and looked at the owner of the voice.

Immediately I felt rage. I hopped up and slapped the boy right in the face.

"What the heck Star?!" Tom screamed.

"How could you?!" I argued, "You tried to steal my wand!"

"Star, listen," He said, "It's not what you think,"

"Oh right," I scoffed, "Haven't heard that before,"

"I was only trying to help you!"

"And how did that work for you?" I countered.

Tom growled, "Dang it Star! You're never satisfied with anything I try to do for you! I really love you! Why can't you see that?"

"Yeah, because you stealing my wand and hurting Marco is clearly such a great act of love," I screamed, "All you're doing is making my life miserable!"

Tom froze.

I glared at him, "Just get out of my life,"

I turned to walk away when he grabbed my wrist.

"Ow!" I cried.

"Star, wether you know it or not, we are meant to be together, and we will be together," He twitched.

"Tom, let go,"

"You can't get rid of me Star!" He said, "We're going to be together!"

I yanked my wrist out of his grasp, "You psychopath," I stepped away from him.

He looked me in the eyes with a crazy look, "You're going to love me Star,"

I shook my head.

"You don't have a choice,"

That's the last thing I heard before I kicked him and ran off.

A/N
Hello readers, I actually wasn't planning on finishing this chapter until next week, but I'm sick so I decided to knock it out. I have a really bad cold and a virus that's spreading at school so that sucks, but I have written a chapter so YAY! Anyway thank you for reading, and I'll see you next update. ❤️