Chapter 36: The Rift

Dipper's POV

In the middle of my deep thinking of how to escape the security room, I was saved by a call.

"Sir, we have a patient on the loose, I repeat, a patient on the loose, over," The walkie talkie spoke.

Both men looked at each other and sighed.

The man at the desk stood up and hovered over me, "Stay here kid," He growled.

His partner and him walked out locking the door behind them.

As soon as I couldn't hear their footsteps I got to work.

I pushed the wheely chair behind his desk to underneath the vent. I climbed up, but couldn't reach.

I need something higher.

I grabbed the chair I was in and placed it in top. Begging myself not to fall I tried again. I reached (straining to do so) and finally reached it. I continued reaching so I could pull it open (thank goodness to the lack of good screwing on it). It fell to the ground with a bang almost taking me with it.

Then I met another challenge. Getting into the vent. I mean i'm small enough not to break anything, but there's no way I have the upper body strength to pull myself up.

I sighed. I was never getting out of here. Without Mabel, I can't do anything.

I mean almost all the awesome things I ever done included the journal or Mabel. Now I'm here completely alone with no escape.

I began to climb done from my makeshift step stool when the ground began to shake.

Earthquake?

I fell down to the ground.

"Ow," I mumbled as I rubbed the back of my head.

The shaking continued on and I quickly took cover. Things were falling off walls everywhere. The building was shaking. If I didn't get out soon, I'd be trap.

The shaking only got more and more violent. I began to panic. First my safety was a huge concern, then wether my family could get out, and then what was going on.

I had to get out.

Mabel's POV

I woke up arubtly to wild shaking and feeling myself being moved. My eyes slowly adjusted as panic rose up in me. What was going on?

I collected my thoughts as I looked around. Everyone was rushing around, everything was shaking, and a doctor was pushing me in a wheelchair super fast.

"W-what?" I gasped as I slowly rose back to reality.

Then when I looked outside I understood. I could hear maniacal laughter. One I recognized far too much.

Bill.

The sky was red, everything looked like out of a dream. This couldn't be real. I stood up.

"Mabel, please stay over here," The doctor pleaded with me as I walked away.

Dipper. Where's Dipper?

I swung around to the doctor, "Where's my brother? Dipper Pines. where is he?"

She looked around, "I don't really know, he's safe though, please calm down, we're all as confused as-"

Then she passed out. Along with everyone else in the area except me.

"What the-" I looked around as everyone fell asleep in unison.