Chapter 15: A Better Deal

Tom's POV

There he goes again. Ruining everything. God, I hate Marco Diaz. I despise Marco Diaz. And I want to make sure he suffers so much he'll never even think of Star again. Mostly because he'd be dead, but in the afterlife when I continue to torture him, he won't think about her.

The lunch with Mabel was going good. She had some good information and good ideas. And maybe I enjoyed spending time with her, but that's not the point. Besides, she's just a meaningless pawn I'm using to kill Marco and get back Star. Right?

Of course, Marco had to show up though. I saw him and Star storming to the diner and darted out. Luckily the run helped calm my nerves, now I'm only half as furious that that stupid boy messed things up again.

I stood there in the woods trying to catch my breath when it seemed like everything froze.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my three eyed buddy." A voice echoed.

I knew who it was. I glared at the sky, "Hello, Bill."

"Woah, don't get too excited to see me." Bill sarcastically said while appearing in front of me, "I'm just wondering how long until you destroy the barrier."

"I'm working on it." I growled.

"Well, I thought maybe I could sweeten the deal to help you speed up." Bill said.

I rolled my eyes, "Bill, I-"

Bill ignored me, "I see that you need Star's wand."

"What?"

"You heard me fella, and I want to destroy the Pines family."

"Why do you want to destroy them so badly anyway?" I asked.

"BECAUSE! THEY'RE RUINING MY PLANS!" Bill bellowed, "Anyway, if you give me the wand, I can fix it. Dipper will be happy you fixed it and like you again, Mabel will get what she wants, and Star will love you."

"And, then I can use the family trust to destroy the barrier and you get what you want and you can help me kill Marco."

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Bill said, "Just get me the wand kid."

"Sure."

Bill reached out his hand as it engulfed in blue fire, "Then let's shake on it."