Meant to be and not meant to be

~Bay~

It's been a month since my first date ever with Rocky.Things have been amazing.To be honest,I've been this happy ever since I can remember.

But everything that's good can go bad.I've learned that while living.

While things in my love life were amazing,Meghan's were awful.

She broke up with Riker just a couple of weeks ago.Meghan has been in a bobble of stress that it got to her.She is really down,almost like if she is depressed and that hurts me.She is my sister and I hate seeing her suffer.

Riker tried reasoning with her but Meghan is determined that she doesn't wanna be with Riker and that she doesn't want to get married.She wanted to be alone.

So,she went to New York and stayed in my apartment alone.Its been two weeks since she is there.She lost Rikers final on DWTS and he lost that.

I try and try thinking about why would she want to break up with Riker.They were getting fucking married! They sure loved each other.

That's what me and Ellington are discussing now in my apartment.My birthday is tomorrow and as a traditional me,him and Ryland have to do something just us.

'Maybe love is not enough for them.' Ellington explains.

'What do you mean?' I ask confuse.

'Well,me and Kelly for example,we sure loved each other during our relationship but it wasn't enough...What I have for Rydel though,is more than enough.' He explains.I know exactly what he means.

'She is suffering,Ell...in her own little bobble,she is suffering...and I am afraid thats another depression attack...' I say and he nods.

'I'm afraid too...Rocky called?' He asks me.Rocky went to New York to stay with her.

'Yes,he arrived and he said he is taking her out today.' I tell him.

'Rydel is worried about how that trip will turn...' He says

'It's to divulge the brand,we need to go...Meg knows.' I explain.He was about to say something,when Ryland walked in.

'Ready to some party,none Lynch people?' Ryland asks getting in.

'Yes,babe,YES!' I say and they both laugh.

We decided to be adults,note the sarcasm,and go to a bar for a change.Me,Ryland and Ellington live different moments in life and it's good to talk about that.

'So,how are things with Savannah?' I ask Ryland.

'Uhh,good,I guess...we haven't been seeing each other a lot these weeks...since she has been working with the band and me with the song.' He explains.I'm singing his song.It's the least I can do for my best friend.

'That's bullshit! I always manage to be with Rydel.' Ellington exclaims.

'You work with Rydel!' Ryland complains.

'It's different...I can't just be with her like that...when I'm working with Rydel,I'm working with the bandmate not the girlfriend.' Ellington explains.

'And you,Bay?' Ryland asks wanting obviously to change the subject

'Me? What about me?' I ask looking at them pretending to not know what they are talking about

'You have been going out lately...with who?' Ryland asks me.I see the look in Ellington's face.

He knows.

'Alone...I like my own person.' I smile at my best friend.

'If you're not ready to tell.' Ryland says getting up and going to the bathroom.

As soon as he is out of my sight,I turn to my other best friend.

'Who told you?' I ask Ellington.

'Told what? Why Rocky is suddenly happy? And you are not suddenly bothered by Courtney getting involved in the family?' Ellington says in that sarcastic voice.He gives me that I know you look.

'Rydel or Rocky,Ellington?' I ask again and he smiles.

'Bed is really a place where secrets are told.' He answers me and we laugh.

Rydel.

'Just don't spell.' I say and he nods.

'Why would I? You helped me with Rydel and kept our secret from the rest of the Lynches...You are really the best friend,Bay...You deserve your happiness.' Ellington says taking my hand.I hold it tightly and smile.

'You make my pretend sister happy...Rydel competes me and Meghan...It's in the face you two are meant to be...' I smile and so does he.

'Well,you make the brother I never had happy...Rocky is the happiest I've seen.' He says still with the smile on the face.

Ellington was always a brother to me.Since I started dacing for Cheryl's company when I was just 6.I've known the dude longer than the Lynches.

Everything I want for him is happiness.And his happiness is Rydel.

~A week later~

We were reunited for the first opening for our collection for Forever21.It was in New York so we meet up Meghan there,along side with Rocky who has been keeping him company.

'Today we are here with Bay,Meghan,Alexa and Rydel...' The interviewer says and we smile to the camera.

The interview was going normal until the interviewer decided to be a bitch.Apparently paparazzi caught my little sibling moment with Ellington.

'So,what do you have to say about this moment,Bay? Are you sharing a boyfriend with your best friend?' The interviewer asks me leaving me in a complete state of shock.

'Don't you dare do that...Ellington is a brother and the media like you should be ashamed for creating such terrible news like this!...Are you telling a girl can have a friend who's a boy? I don't know what world it is that you live but this is Earth...and it's 2015!...I can be friends with whoever I want...and you need to learn respect...Rydel and Ellington love each other and I am not a whore unlike you are saying.' I say angrily putting my arms around Rydel who's completely shocked.

'Baylee.' Scooter says from the other side of the camera.

'And I hope next time you interview someone,you don't make them feel like we are feeling...Have a good day.' I say walking away.Me and Rydel walk away,arms around each other.

This kind of media disgust me.Our job doesn't necessarily means keeping up with this kind of people.

'Look,Delly...' I say to Rydel when we get in the car.

'Bay,don't...you proved to be a good friend...You know that I knew about what was happening in that photo...That Ellington told me everything but yet,you defended me so I wouldn't be made of a fool in the media...That's what a sister does...You'll always be my sister...Independent of what happens.' She says pushing me to a hug.

And with those words reassuring me of our sisterhood,it's like she was seeing into a very far future.

--------------------------------------

Hello Hello!

Sorry for the delay! I have been so busy and I am always updating those stories who already have all the chapters plan out but I am planning out the last chapter of this one so don't worry,chapters coming ahead of you all.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Tris 🌹