Prologue

I blow a mouthful of air trying to warm my icy hands. The cold wind sends shiver down my spine as it touches my skin. It was the last month of spring yet the temperature here in Alaska is still freezing. I fished my bag and grab my hot coffee in can. After I took the last sip I position myself back to my sniper rifle as I felt a little warm inside.

"Eight, opening in fifteen don't miss." I heard Four on the other line. Don't miss..it means I only had one chance to bury this bullet to our subject's head. Eight is my code name.

I relax my shoulder as the clock starts ticking. Minutes passed and I heard Four again. "One minute Eight, hold your aim."

"Copy that, Four." The wind continued blowing on my back as I tighten my grip on the trigger. I am position on the rooftop of one of the tallest building here in Anchorage. Who would expect an assassination was about to happen on this busy avenue of Alaska?

Something inside me is building, it wasn't excitement but anxiety. Sure this was not my first mission, but this is my gateway to being free. If I succeed, I would walk away as a freeman after this. "Ten seconds,............" I took a deep breath and focus on the door. "Now!" I trust Four and his timing so I pulled the trigger. I saw how blood gash from the subject's head because of the impact. While they are in chaos I on the other hand move on to my escape.

A black SUV stops just few inches from me, a smiling Four opened the car door. "Good job Eight" he said as I settled myself on the shotgun seat.

"Hmm, your timing is perfect as always." I replied to him smiling too before I close my eyes. Another life ended, justice was again served.

This is me; I kill for a price.

*JJ