Azure 22

Thursday, our championship game against the Raven's soccer team. We managed to beat our opponent during the semi-final match yesterday easily just like our first game.

Sweats were already dripping from my forehead as the first half ended and we are ahead by one point. "Adams you'll gonna be running in the entire game maximized your rest for the next ten minutes."

"Got it coach." I replied panting. Then I felt Sy drop a towel over my head. I know it's him, he smells different. "Can you be more gentle just for today?" I scoff at him. He did not talked back but what I felt next is his hand slowly rubbing the towel on my head. It felt so soothing parang sobrang gaan ng kamay nya. "Sy." I mumbled his name.

Akala ko galit sya sa akin kasi bigla nalang syang nang iwan pagkasagot ko sa tawag ni Gavin. And speaking of Gavin false alarm lang pala yun. It's just one his teammates who texted him and not the enemy.

"Hmm?"

"Can we be friends?" His hand abruptly stop from moving. I was prepared for the worst but what he said next really surprised me.

"And here I thought we're already friends." I grinned from his bitter reply.

"How should I know? You always have that scowl ready to rub on my face. Ayaw mo ba sa mukha ko?"

"On the contrary I like..... I mean your face is okay. My scowl was intended for your spicy words and your attitude." He snorted.

"What can I do, you're an ass yourself. You even ordered those gangster to beat me." He grimaced remembering how I was force to jump from the rooftop to the second floor.

"Huh! You beat the hell out of me inside our own private room. Of course I'll make my counter moves."

"You deserved it for dragging along Savannah."

"Yeah. Whatever!" I laugh at his utter surrender. I looked up at him and he also have that smile on his face. Who would have thought this day would come after all that had happened between us. "You'll win this right?" Maya maya ay tanong nito sa akin as he continued to dry my head.

"I don't know. Forty five minutes is long enough for anything to happen." I may look calm and composed but this nagging feeling inside me is not something I should ignore. And those burning stares directed to me since the game begun is starting to creep me out. I tried to survey the crowd pero hindi ko makita kung sino man ang nakatingin sa akin, the whole place is just too crowded.

"Something wrong?" Sy suddenly asked which made my head snap back on him.

"Nothing." He eyed me for seconds before he shrugged his shoulders. "Where are the others?"