Azure 23

Brice

It always seemed so ridiculous to me how people talked about the power of glance over two individuals. Like how people falls in love just because they looked at each other or society usually calls it as "love at first sight." It wasn't my intention to look at her in neither the eyes nor her lips but everything just happened spontaneously. My eyes were like glued at her parted lips which lead me to feel this unexplainable yet very strong urge to lean closer. So before I could make a fool out of myself I chose to walk away.

"Shit." I faintly whispered clutching my chest. My heart is beating so fast that it almost hurts.

"Brice okay ka lang?"My mind is floating somewhere far that I did not notice I am already in front of Kelvin and the others. "Bakit ang pula ng mukha mo?"

"The sun is already up obviously." I answered Kelvin with a shrug and took the seat beside him. I'd rather not tell him why because even I myself don't know what the hell happened.

"Anong nakain mo dude at nagawa mo yun sa harap pa talaga ng maraming tao?"

My eyes scurried at Zayn who was sitting next to Vincent. He looks calm and playful but that edge on his voice means something. Unable to find the right words to say pinili ko nalang magkibit balikat at binalik ang tingin sa field. It wasn't my intention really to do it.

I was walking back to the grandstand after I received a call when I saw the players running towards their bench. I saw how sweaty she was and the next thing I know I was already holding that towel and dropped it on her head. And that kind of conversation that we just had is a first for us. And I really don't know why I felt happy somehow.

"What the fuck!" I was brought back to present hearing Zayn cursed that hard. "That was intentional!"

I felt a knot on my chest when I saw how she rolled on the field while holding her right leg. "Ayos ka lang dude?"

"Huh?" Nagtataka kong tanong sa kanya and my confused expression was mirrored on his.

"Your lower lip is bleeding." That iron taste lingered on my mouth as I savor my own blood.

"I'm fine." I told him but honestly I am not. All I wanted to do right now is run to the field and get her out of there. Why did I felt this weird feelings with her and not with somebody else. And why now? Like seriously what the heck is wrong with me?

"Pfttt! Hahaha!" Malakas na nagtawanan sina Zayn pati na yung ibang nanonood. A proud grinned also formed on my lips. That was painful based on the distance of the ball as it bounces back, sapol talaga sa mukha yung goalkeeper ng kalaban. I know it's intentional, I thought she's going to just let it go. But I guess wrong.

"Yes!" I quietly cheered as she made the goal which closes the championship game. But I was startled when Jairus walked pass me like he was really in a hurry. Even the rest of our friends stared at him curiously kaya sumunod nalang din kami sa kanya.