Azure 43

I watch the scene below still fazed from what just happened between me and Sy. Just one dance is enough to stir my feelings inside. I want to forgive him right at that very moment he said sorry but I can't seem to open my lips. He looks so down and I want to make that sadness go away but images of a boy's pale face lying motionless on that square box makes me mute. I meet his gaze when my eyes landed on our table. How long was he been down there and how long was he staring at me? I hold his gaze as he holds mine ignoring the fast beating of my heart. I don't know how long have we been looking at each other it's only when I heard an unnecessary noise that I pulled away.

I ran outside the room and down the stairs, I even forget I am wearing heels. I followed the noise and it leads me to the front lawn. Panic screams greeted me outside and I staggered when I was bumped not just once as I eased my way towards the gate.

When I pushed myself from the sea of teenagers, I notice a group of 10 thugs outside the gate with their baseball bats and other offensive weapons. With solid strides I walked to the gate. "Well hello boys, I think you got the wrong house. Halloween was like almost two months ago." I mused and obviously that released them from that awestruck look they are giving me and was replaced with anger.

"Ikaw! Naalala ko na ang blue na mga matang yan. Ikaw yung pakialamerang foreigner nung inatake namin ang Stonewall." Now that I look at him he kind of look familiar.

"Oh it's you who gave his gun to me." I stifled a humorless laugh. "Well I think you better get your fucking asses' outta here."But instead of turning their back on me they launch forward. I took a step back and prepare myself for the impact. A hurling sound passed just above my head as I duck to dodge the blow. A concussion might have been possible if I was hit by that baseball bat. Before he could swing back my kick already connected with his wrist and heard a cracking sound. Gosh! Heels could really be a killer weapon.

He staggered and it must have been the cue for the others to attack me too. I back a couple of steps but I froze when I landed on a soft ground making me want to take back what I said about heels,  I'm stuck. Thanks to my gymnastics skills I was able to bend my body with my back touching the ground to avoid another crazy thug. One of them jump to where I was lying but he suddenly back away when I landed a solid blow on his throat.

I force myself to stand up and pulled out my stuck heels. "Oh C'mon 'tis not prom guys we don't need your late dramatic entrance." I hissed when I heard running footsteps to where I am. I already know it's 5X.

"Are you hurt?" Jairus force me to face him placing his hands on my shoulders and inspected my face thoroughly.

"Nah. But my dress is already a mess and my heels too." I whine looking at my dirty heels with a frown.

He snorted and look dangerously to the trespassers. "North." I heard Sy mumbled in utter fury. In just a blink of an eye the front lawn is in chaos as 5X beat their butts. The rumble subdued quickly kasi kunti lang naman yung kalaban and they're not really strong. I saw one of them tried to hide with the crowd but before he could bind with the other students the heel of my palm strikes on his nape and he stumbled.

"That was fast." Nakangising salubong sa akin ni Zayn and we give each other a high five. V is in his phone at ilang minuto lang may nagsidatingan na guards and drag their unconscious body outside of the gate and I don't know where they'll take them. "Tuloy ang party!" I flinched ng biglang sumigaw ang katabi kong si Zayn at nakisigaw na din yung ibang studyante.

I elbowed his stomach and he groaned. "Are you planning to make me deaf?" He just grinned cheekily and raised his hand in a peace sign.

"Are you okay?" Napatigil ako sa paglalakad pagkarinig ko kay Sy. He was still frowning and remnants of that daunting scowl still lingers on his face.