Azure 1

Azure in the picture!

It has been three days since my last mission in Alaska. I eased out of the car as I pulled on a halt on one of the tallest building in Maryland. I walk with poise and authority as I entered the building. The receptionist nodded at me politely as I walked near her station. And I nodded at her in return. I am not the cold one like the usual killer yet I am not also the opposite. I am somewhere in between. Lukewarm, maybe.

"Ms. Adams, Mr. Page is waiting for you on B2." Mr. Henley in his coat and tie told me as he caught my eyes. He motioned the opened elevator door and I automatically obliged. Mr. Page is our boss, one of the most successful men in America. On the outside, the building seems normal even from the basement up to the top floor where his office is. But B2 is a different story; the second basement is our secret haven.

"Eight, good job on your last mission." Eleven cheerfully greeted me first. He was seated on one of the basement's receiving area. The second basement is actually huge, with living rooms, billiard halls, bar, office and a conference room. This is where we assassins under Mr. Page, the Black Legion party together after a do or die mission or even if we were only bored.

"Thanks dude, where's boss?" I asked him as I took the glass that he offered. I roam my eyes around the area looking at my fellow assassins. Our aliases are based on who joined first and I was the eight recruit. Currently, we are 30 with missions all around the globe. My eyes narrowed as I caught that blank stare. First, the guy who hates me. He was like the first born, the first recruit and was the best in this field. He was cold, aloof, a snob, brutal and merciless. It all started when I surpass his ranking once three years ago.

"In his office, he's waiting for you." I was pulled back to present when Eleven answered me. I stood up and walk straight to his office. I knock thrice before I heard his voice.

"Good evening Mr. Page" I greeted him politely before I took the seat in front of his table.

"Now, now no need to be formal Azure. It's only the two of us." Collin Page, age forty one of the richest man in America and maybe even the whole world. His perfectly squared jaw is very prominent and appealing. He looks younger than his age and his clef chin just add to his very manly appeal. He was one of those living demigods. But no, I am not attracted to him I am just simply giving you the jest of how he look.

"C'mon Dad just spill the beans, why'd you ask me to come here?" I raised one of my brows to him which he just smiled in return.

"I just want to give you this." He pushed the box towards me. It was a royal blue box with a ribbon on it like a gift. I eyed him suspiciously but he just motioned his hand for me to open it. My jaw drop and my eyes start to water. Inside is a plane ticket to the Philippines, my certificate of enrollment, papers for a condo unit with my name on it together with the key and then another key which I know is for a car.

"D-dad" I give him a puzzled look. I was holding back my tears.