Azure 24

I woke up in our assigned room with  an angry stomach and the rest of my roommates were already sleeping. I looked at the clock and it's already 10:40 pm and it's a fact that I can't  go back to sleep when I'm starving. Meaning kailangan ko talagang bumangon at kumain.

I felt a pang of pain on my arm when I tried to stand. Then what happened today flashes through my head, the attack on Sy, those ninjas and my gymnastic championship match, I don't even know who won. But I pushed all those thoughts away and got up. I just grabbed my hoodie and went outside, I didn't even comb my hair. That's how hungry I am.

Good thing about this arena is that, the cafeteria is open 24 hours. I took big strides towards the counter that I failed to notice that I am going to bump into someone. "Shit!" I mumbled saka ko tiningnan ng masama yung nakabangga ko.

"Adams?"

"Sy." My senses were not working well kapag sobrang gutom ako.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a straight face.

"Super hungry?" I answered him sounding uncertain.

He blinked twice. "Oh. Find a seat I'll buy your food."I didn't move and just stared at him in disbelief and I saw how his eyes become anxious. "What?" He spat.

"Nothing, maghahanap na." Sabay talikod ko sa kanya.

A smile escaped from my lips as he place the tray on our table at may nakasunod pa sa kanyang isang lalaki na may dala ding pagkain. "Thank you." I said and dig in like I haven't eaten for days. I am really enjoying my food ng mapansin kong nakatingin lang sa akin si Sy. "Bakit?"

He just shook his head so I just resumed eating ng bigla syang magsalita. "Anyway, congratulations." I looked at him confused. "You won."

"Oh that. I'm not surprised." I said shrugging my shoulder which earned a smug grin from him.

"Someone's a little cocky."

"Nah. The only chance that they'll beat me is if I collapsed in the middle of my routine and I didn't." I may sound arrogant but I think  that I've already earned the right to brag.

We fell silent for the next minutes. "So..."Bigla nyang sabi kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. "You're A." There was a slight edge on his voice and his face hardened a little but it was only very brief.

"Hmm."

"And you didn't tell us?" He scoffed. "Zayn has been going almost every day to that park just to see you." His expression slowly becomes blank.

"He knows..besides hindi naman importante na ako si A." Hindi sya kumibo kaya pinagkibit balikat ko nalang but I can clearly feel his burning eyes on me which somehow made me a little uneasy. "Gusto mo?" Nilapit ko sa bibig nya yung tinidor and he was clearly stunned by my sudden action. "C'mon masarap 'to." At mas nilapit ko pa sa kanya yung tinidor. I thought he wouldn't take it kasi nakatitig lang sya sa akin but in the end he did with indecision. "So?"