Azure 31

I was still yawning when I reached the school. Last night I followed one of the cars going south. Akala ko talaga may mapapala na ako kagabi but I arrived home at 3 am feeling disappointed again. It was just a normal birthday party nagmasid pa man din ako until the last guest left. Now I am feeling sleepy but I need to be here early since today is the start of the open school.

"Az!" I looked back and saw Jenna na kakababa pa lang ng sasakyan nya. "Bakit mukhang antok na antok ka?" Tanong nito ng magkasabay na kaming maglakad papuntang classroom namin.

"I stayed late last night. Sana lang may oras ako para umidlip ng kunti mamaya." I yawn again after I answered her.

"Mayroon yan hanggang 11 am lang naman tayo bukas tapos resume ng 1 pm."

The school ground was still quiet as we continued walking since it was announced that 8 pm yung official na time in ng mga students. "Azure! Jenna!" Blake was already in the classroom when we arrived. I thought we were too early pero may mas nauna pa pala sa amin ng dating.

"Ang aga mo partner ah!" Nakaready na din yung mga gagamitin nila for the drinks.

"Nah! May mas nauna pa sa akin." Tapos biglang pumasok si Ashton sa room na may dala-dalang plastic bags beside him is Andrea na may dala ding bags.

"Oh di kayo na maaga, tss!" I kidded kaya napangisi na din sila.

We were already preparing our menus of course with our chef uniforms courtesy of Savannah's group. Nagsidatingan na din yung iba naming mga classmates, I can already here the noises from the other students too. After almost two hours nakahanda na yung first set namin for today.

I tried to peep on our dining area and I was really please on how they turned our classroom into an awe-inspiring café. Our maids and butlers were already on their costumes na pinangungunahan ni Cassandra. I just hope her brat side won't show up for two days.

"Az idlip ka muna." Jenna tapped my shoulder lightly. I was yawning again kasi wala na akong ginagawa.

"Kaya ko pa." I said and walk back inside the kitchen. I look at our display shelves and I have to hold my hand to stop myself from eating this heavenly treats. Just the mere sight of these pastries makes me drool.

We decided to make three kinds of pastries; Andrea is assigned with the cake while Ashton with the macaroons and mine were tarts. Andrea decided to make blueberry cheesecake because it's what she's most confident at and looking at her end product I could say that she nailed it. Ashton did four kinds of filings for his macarons and I've tasted that one with salted caramel and it was pure heaven.

On the third shelf were tarts. I chose to make three flavors, the smaller citrus tarts which you get more pastry for each bite. Then the chocolate caramel sea salt tart one of my favorites, the kind of dessert that people will remember for a long time. Lastly is a cherry bakewell tart covered with a toplayer of almond-flavored fondant.

"Ashton paki-abot naman ng isang extra plate." I heard Andrea called out. After an hour the shelves were almost empty. We did not expect this number of costumer kaya ito kami ngayon sobrang nagmamadali para sa next set.

"Az ready na ba yung mga tart?" Tawag sa akin ni Sav mula sa counter and I caught a glimpse of the dining area at punuan nga. I even saw Kelvin and Zayn helping to serve the foods.

"Almost, yung macarons nalang." I holler in reply. Andrea was already doing the finishing touches for his cake but Ashton was still one flavor left that was not yet done,  the dark chocolate filing yun pa man din ang order.