36

I woke up in a dark cell. The ground was cold and my head was throbbing. I was conscious of another person with me. I could hear their faint breath and slow heart beat. Where was I?

Then I remembered. I remembered being slammed into the ground and my bloody mate covered by vampires.

"Rachael" I croaked.

I tried to move but a searing pain spread throughout my neck. I put my fingers up to the point of pain and flinched. Whatever I had around my neck was not friendly to werewolves.

Okay don't panic. I said in my head.

Guess we are in a pickle aren't we? I got no response from my wolf.

Hello?

Still nothing. Panic started to set in. Why wasn't my wolf responding. Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong.

The other person in the room still had not stirred, and I couldn't see anything to determine whether or not the person was male or female.

I sniffed the air. And relief washed over me as a familiar scent hit my nostrils.

My mate.

The panic ebbed away. At least I knew my mate was safe.

What do I do now?

I couldn't move. Every movement rubbed whatever it was chained to me against my neck.

I guess we just wait.

It seemed like an eternity before I heard a low moan come from Rachael.

I saw her flail as she realized what situation she was in and the searing pain that accompanied moving.

"Shit" I heard her mutter.

"Rachel?" I whispered.

She froze.

"Who's there?" She growled.

"It's me"

I felt her relax as she recognized my scent and voice.

"Thank god" she whimpered. "What happened?"

"I don't really know. All I know is that we are somewhere in Shane's territory and I can't hear or feel my wolf."

Rachel sighed. "It is whatever they have around our necks. There are few things that a werewolf has weakness to. Silver is the stereotypical one. I'm guessing this is stronger though." She moved and winced. "Whatever this is has the power to send our wolves into a dormant state. We are defenseless."

I closed my eyes. I just wanted to hear my wolf. I felt empty without her presence. A part of me was missing.

"I can't feel you Rachel."

I couldn't feel Rachel's presence and that made me feel even more empty.

"Don't worry angel. We will be out soon. I will protect you." She cooed.

All I wanted was to feel her warmth and her soft lips on mine. When will they come for us?

As I thought those words I heard a faint jingle and approaching footsteps.

"Wakey wakey wolves. We got some shit to go over. Boss is pretty mad you fucked things up." An unfamiliar voice yelled.