ch 20

"You want me to m-mark you?" Rachael stuttered out. 

I looked away in embarrassment.  "yeah-uh sorry I mean I though since we were mates we cu- just forget I asked." I mumbled starting to get up. 

"No katy I didnt mean it like that." She said pulling me back to her and kissing my neck.  "it was just unexpected ya know? and I mean im honestly a little scared." 

"why would you be scared?" I asked confused. 

"Cause im afraid of making that commitment.  Once I mark you I cant ever loose you.  it would kill me. I need you." she said with tears starting to fall. 

"Please dont cry Rach.  We dont have to do it okay we can wait.  im sorry." I said kissing her tears away. 

she smiled and me and giggled. "Its okay I just dont want to loose you." 

I smiled and hugged her.  I kissed her lips softly and lay my head down on her chest.  I felt the thump thump thump of her heart and slowly fell asleep to the soothing beat. 

I was running through the forest.  except I wasnt human, I was a wolf.  I felt free and happpy and in control of everything.  I smelled the air and the scent of pine and and dew invaded my senses. 

I came upon a small pond and looked at my reflection.  I was a stunnig white wolf with Bright green eyes.  I bent down and lapped at the water, letting the cool liguid drip down my throat. 

I looked up and growled and fell over my relectiong.  Staring back at me was a white wolf with blood covering its fangs and paws.  There was red blood all over its white fur and its eyes were blood red.  I backed away and growled looking for the bloody wolf.  but then I realized, the wolf was me. 

I was covered in blood.  I looked around and howled in despair.  Rachael was laying in the ground covered in blood.  Her chest was ripped open and her neck was ripped out.  there were angry red slash marks against her face and the worst part was she was still breathing. 

I ran over to her and whimpered.  The smell of her blood flooded my senses and I softly licked her face.  Her hand stroked my face and she smiled. 

"I love you"

I woke up screaming.  Rachael flew up from the ground and looked around in panic. 

"wha- whats wrong?" she said frantically. 

I was sobbing on the ground unable to look at her.  she tried to come near me but I scooted away. 

"I killed you." I cried. 

she looked at me with brows furrowed.  she walked over and wrapped her arms around me.  "shhh it was just a dream.  im here im alive." 

"but what if that happens.  what if I kill you.  what if I kill innocent people." I sobbed. 

"Katy calm down," Rachael pleaded. "please stop crying.  I told you id help you through this." 

"I cant do this Rachael.  I already killed someone and liked the taste of blood.  im evil." I said hysterically.   

"Calm my child.  you are not evil.  just confused" I heard an angelic voice say. 

I looked up and saw Artemis standing in front if me.  She still looked beautiful and I was in awe.  "I killed someone." I said ashamed. 

"you killed protecting yourself and my daughter.  How is that evil?" she questioned. 

"because I liked the taste of blood." I sniffled. 

she smiled.  "My child there is much to be explained.  You are set on a journey that will be very difficult and filled with hardships and loss." there was great sadness in her eyes.  "but the gods and I have set you on this path for a reason.  You are very pure Katy, and have a inner strength that many lack." She said hugging me. 

I hugged her back and immediately felt better.  "when will I understand everything?"

"in a few says my child.  until then dont fret, my daughter will take care of you." she said smiling and going over to hug Rachael.   "Keep her safe daughter.  She is much needed"

"dont worry I will." rachael said smiling. 

artemis smiled and disappeared into the willows, which were glowing faintly.