ch 18

I looked down at the bloody body laying on the ground.  There was still blood pouring from his neck and his lifeless eyes stared back at me.  They were no longer the angry red but a soft hazel color. 

suddenly it hit me.  The adrenaline from the fight had finally died down and the relization of what I had just done dawned on me.  I killed someone.  I didnt just kill them though.  I ripped their throat out, and enjoyed the taste of his blood.  I enjoyed the kill.  

I looked at my hands.  They were coverd in blood.  His blood.  my shirt was soaked also and I could only imagine what my face looked like. 

I couldnt stop the tears that came flowing from my eyes.  I fucking killed someone! I was savage and enjoyed it! who the hell was I becoming?! 

I crumpled down against a tree and pulled my legs up to my chest.  Rachael was going to hate me.  She was going to look at me as some evil killing machine.  She was going to hate me. 

I felt a warm hand carress my face.  I inhaled and smelled the familiar scent if coconut.  "please don't cry angel.  You're breaking my heart." Whispered Rachael. 

I looked up at Rachael and was met with a pair of sad, and a touch of proud, deep blue eyes.  "How can you look at me like that?! Do you not see the mutilated body laying over there?! Can you not see his blood on my body? I killed someone!" I cried.  "And I fucking enjoyed it! I liked the taste if his blood!"

Rachael looked over at the body and frowned.  She took my hand and hoisted me up onto my feet.  She took me over to the body and made me look at the bloddy mess.  "Look at him Katy.  He is no person.  He has fangs with your blood on them.  He has claws for hands and his skin is not like you or mine."  She stated.

"This is not a human but a creature that roams this earth that was cursed for eternity.  This thing you killed is a souless demon that was created to cause terror.  Don't cry over this thing because given the chance he would have ripped you apart limb from limb and he would have enjoyed every second of it." 

I looked down at the man.  She was right.  He was no human.  His fangs were still dripping with my blood, his face curled into his creepy smile.  His nails were long and sharp and had remnants of my belly on them.  His skin was pale and flawless, it was almost as if he were glowing.  This creature was breed to lure and kill, and I had done good by killing it.  

"But I still killed." I stated grimly. 

Rachael took my hand and led me away from the scene.  She guided me through the forest until we came upon her small secret cove.  She sat me down on the bank of the small pond and wrapped her arms around me.  I nuzzled up to her neck and inhaled her sweet scent.

"I need to tell you something." she whispered. "it's only fair I explain somethings to you.  That creature you killed was a vampire, and the guy that cornered you and chased us was also one.  They are evil Katy.  They are threatening to take over and enslave all of humanity.  My kind, they are going to war.  We are fighting for the existance of humanity but we are waiting for someone.  The Blood Luna.  She is supposed to come and lead us into battle.  There's a story behind her but thats for another time.  What i'm about to tell you though, I dont want you freaking out okay?" she asked and I nodded my head.  She took a deep breath.  I had a sickening feeling I knew what she was going to say.

"I know your not stupid enough to completely ignore the changes that have been happpening.  Your speed, strength, smell, sight, emotions have all been heightened in the last day, no?" She asked. 

I didnt even have to think about that.  i've noticed from the moment I woke up a day ago.  The way I was able to jump from my bed, get ready so fast, sprint to the bus stop, not being able to control my anger, smell the weird scent on my history teacher, jump from my window.  It all made sense.   These things weren't normal.  "Yeah I've noticed." I laughed.

she smiled, "I know your something special Katy.  I watched you fight him.  The way you moved was on pure instinct.  There's something deep inside you, something ancient, that is guiding you through this and keeping you alive." she looked over to the small island and smiled

"My mother saw it in you when you met.  You ooze power Katy, there's something great about you."

I layed back and looked up to the moon. 

"I cant control it." I whispered. "i'm scared."

Rachael looked at me with a confused look. "Control what?"

"The anger.  T-the blood lust.  When I tasted him I couldn't control myself.  My mind just went blank and all I could think about was blood.  I wanted him dead." I whimpered.  "What happens if I loose control and I hurt someone innocent?" 

Rachael pulled me to her chest and held me tight.  "I'm here to guide you through it all Katy.   I'll be here every step of the way.  Your a werewolf Katy.  A born wolf from and ancient blood line.  I can sense it about you.  When you shift on your 15 birthday I will be here to guide you through it okay?" 

I closed my eyes.  Why me? why do I have to have this happening to me.  I looked at Rachael and saw nothing but love in her eyes.  She really did love me, even though I had just killed someone.  I realized in that moment I was going to protect and love Rachael with everything I had.  I promised myself I would never let anyone harm her, and I would die protecting her. 

"I love you." I said softly kissing her lips.