ch 9

I let my eyes tear away from the glowing vines and looked toward the center of the small secret cove.  There was a beautiful shrine of a young lady holding the moon in one hand and had her other hand resting on a white wolf.  There was a crown on her head and her eyes glowed a vibrant blue.  Now I know where Rachael got her eyes I thought to myself

"Mother I'd like you to meet someone." Rachael said to the statue.  Suddently there was a blinding white light and I covered my eyes from the harshness. 

"you may uncover your eyes now little one." I heard a soft angelic voice say.  Rachaels hand gripped my side and squeezed in reassurace.  I opened my eyes and my jaw hung down to the floor.

standing in front of me had to be one to the most beautiful creaturs that has ever walked this planet.  The women had long silly black hair that reached down to her waist.  She had tan perfect olive skin.  She was wearing a flowing gown that seemed to hug her curves pefectly.  She had the most perfect plump rose red lips and rosy cheeks.  But what stunned me the most were her eyes.  Not only were they a gorgeous set of deep blue eyes but they help nothing but kindness and love.  I had just met this women and i already felt loved and safe near her. 

"my name is Artemis sweetheart, I see my lovely daughter has taken kindly to you?" Artemis said in a breathless voice.

I was in such awe the only thing I was able to do was nod my head.  she chuckled lightly at me.

"Rachael I'm glad you have found your mate.  She is a speacial one I can tell you that." Artemis said turning to Racael.

Rachael gave her a worried stare. "Mother shes 14 still.  her birthday is in a couple days, surely we are going to celebrate with her right?" Rachael said raising a brow. 

a look of recognition crossed Artemis's face and she smiled brightly.  "Why of course.  Any friend of Rachaels is a family of mine.  would you like to celebrate your birthday with us Katy?"

I was finally able to snap out of it and ask, "I'm sorry but what is a mate? this is the second time i've heard it tonight and I still don't understand?"

Artemis smiled at me. "Don't worry my child you will know very soon."

I was a little angry and frustrated that I wasn't getting answers but decided to just leave it. 

"It's getting late my daughter I suggest you get Katy home.  It was very nice meeting you darling I hope to talk to you again.  Any time you wish to visit come right ahead I will welcome you in.  But be careful if you bring any unwanted guests there shall be consequences" she warned me.  I nodded my head. "it was great meeting you Artemis." I was surprised when she came over and hugged me.  I felt so warm and safe in her arms I couldnt help but feel slightly disappointed when she let go and smiled down at me. "please come visit soon." She turned to Rachael and embraced her. "I'm very happy for you daughter, you make a goddess very proud.  Be safe now and visit often.  you havent said hi to your mother in quite some time." She scolded.  Rachael laughed and hugged her mom. "Goodnight mom tell everyone I said hi." Artemis kissed Rachael on the cheek and waved goodbye to me. "until next time my loves." she slowly faded back into the shrine and the night grew quiet.

"wow....that was just...wow." I said breathless.

Rachael chuckled and pulled me into her chest. "My mother likes you I'm happy."

I giggled, "well how can you not like me?"

Rachael laughed some more and scooped me into her arms. "Don't get to over confident now."

She walked out onto the bank and jumped to the other side.  she set me down and told me to dress. "Can't have people seeing you in your full beauty now can we?" she said while I blushed.

"No you'd probably rip their throat out." I mumbled to myself.

She took me into her arms again and I rested my head in the crook of her neck.  "Go to sleep my angel ill get you home and in bed." she said soothingly.  I nodded my head and let my eyes close.  I hadn't realized how tired I was until I felt my body drift off into weightlessness.