ch 19

I continued savoring the taste of Rachael's lips but I still needed answers to my question. 

I pulled away from rachael a bit breathless and nuzzled up into her neck, finding comfort in her scent.  "So vampires, they are real then?" I asked softly. 

Rachael snickered in disgust.  "Yeah unfortunately.  They never used to be evil though.  Vampires and Werewolfs had at one time lived peacefully together.  They even mated sometimes.  There children were always either vamps or weres though never a mix of two.  Now they are controlled by their blood lust.  

They cant get enough of human blood and are threatening to whipe out the human race." rachael sighed. "as much as I despise them I do have sympathy for them slightly.  They were cursed with having to drink blood from humans, not only like it but crave it.  They cant live without out."

"Whats a beloved?" I asked nervously. 

Rachael turned to me with a confused look.  "Why?" 

"well um...that vamp that was following us.  well hes um the same guy that cornered me...his name is S-shane and he called me his B-beloved.  He said I was his. that I belonged to him" I whispered that last part out. 

Rachael took me and stood me up.  She placed her hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.  Her usual deep blue cool composed eyes were now full of fury and concern.  "Katy stay away from him.  He's dangerous.  Extremely Dangerous." She pleaded. 

"I never said I was gonna go n-"

"No" rachael interrupted.  "Just dont go near him.  He will hurt you, kill you if he has to." I looked up at her and there was a hint if jealousy, conncern and fear almost. 

"Okay I wont go near him, I promise.  But do I belong to him?" I question uneasily. 

"No angel.  you belong to me and I belong to you.  I will die protecting you.  I wont let anyone hurt you." She said kissing me softly and bring me down to sit in her lap.  my back was against her belly and my head on her shoulder.  Her hands were rested around my waist and I sighed and leaned into her. 

"so what is a beloved then?" I sighed. 

"Beloved to a vampire is what our mate is.  Our other half our soulmate.  Their 'beloved' term is basically the same.  Except when they mark each other they usually bite their loves neck during sex and thats the only way.  With werewolves its a bit different.  To mark each other we bite our mates shoulder except it doesnt have to be during sex.  Most mark each other during sex cause it makes it more intimate, but its not required." She said looking down at me.

"who is Shane?" I whispered. 

"He's the leader if the vamps we are going to war with."  she spat out

"where do you fit into this" I asked already having a bad feeling. 

"i'm the leader of the werewolfs as of now, but once the Blood Wolf comes to lead us, I'll be second in command." 

"will you fight" I mumbled. 

"Yeah most likely."

I thought about that for a bit.  All that wass able to be heard was the soft croaking of the frogs and the swaying of vines. 

"What happens when werewolves mark eachother?" I said breaking the silence. 

Rachael shifted under me slightly and brought her hand to softly stroke my hair. 

"Well when we mark each other, we kinda seal the bond between us.  We give ourselves to each other completely and open up ourselves to each other.  Our minds are abke to link together, meaning we cant talk through our minds.  We can feel each otheres emotion and pain and always feel their presence.  When we're together we always no where each other is no matter what.  The amount of love we feel for eachother is extraordinary, but the protectivness is deadly.  Alot of people have died when A mate feels their other is threatened." She laughed slightly.  "Its like messing with a mama bear when her cubs are threathened."

I knew who I wanted in my life.  I knew I wanted Rachael by my side forever.  I knew once I made the bond, my chances of keeping her alive where greater. 

"Will you mark me?" I asked turning to her. 

her eyes widened and she stiffened slightky.  fear shone in her eyes.