32

I woke up wrapped in Rachaels arms; enjoying the warmth of her naked body against mine.  the forest was silent still asleep as the sun was just barely peaking over into the sky. 

I unwrapped myself from Rachael and stretched my stiff muscles smiling at the memory of last night.  I looked at my shoulder and saw slight bite barks, barely visible but showed little purple puncture scars.  I ran my fingers over them and enjoyed the shiver that went through my body. 

my stomach growled and I realized it had been a while since I ate. 

shall we hunt? my wolf whispered. 

in response I shifted enjoying the light tingle that rippled through my bones and skin as I felt myself stretch and snap my body adjusting into posture.  once I was fully shifted I shook myself enjoying the soft ripple of air that went through my fur.  I flexed and unflexed my strong muscles; my wolf taking pride in her strength.  I dug my claws into the ground and felt the cold soft flesh of the ground seep between my claws. 

I lept through the trees and took off running scenting the air for my early breakfast. 

look through my eyes child.  See as I do you need to learn to fuse ourselves together. my wolf instructed. 

I relaxed a little and let myself open up to my wolf.  I gained speed as my paws pounded against the ground and I inhaled breathing in the forest scent.  I closed my eyes for a brief second and opened them, my sight far better than before; zeroing in on the tiny details before me.  I looked towards the ground and saw a fresh game trail.  I stopped near the tracks and sniffed. 

Deer.  I lifted my nose and caught a strong scent to my right.  I took off in that direction and followed the scent. 

good now follow your instincts.  when we see our prey wait dont attack right away.  scope out the situation. 

I acknowledged my wolf and continued on the hunt.  soon enough the scent was very strong and I spotted the deer behind a bush some 100 yards away.  I crept low to the ground and waited my eyes zeroed in on the prey.  I inched closer and closer my mouth beginning to water at the sight of our meal. 

I inhaled and my muscles quivered in anticipation.  the deer froze, its ears swiveling to find the source of movement.  I stopped and layed low to the ground the morning dew tickling my belly.  the deer snorted catching my scent and took off sprinting. 

immediately I sprang to action my powerful legs lifting me off the ground and bounding towards my prey.  the deer darted between the trees trying to shake me off its trail but my wolf was to quick.  the deer took a sharp right and I backtracked and circled around.  I hovered between two bushes and waited for the deer. 

soon I heard the crashing of hooves against the ground and the deer was in my sight.  I waited till the deer was just in front of me when I pounced out claws outstreched and tackled my prey to the ground.  I sank my claws into its back and clamped my jaws around its neck. 

sweet blood trickled down my throat and I growled in pleasure. 

A clean kill.  I am impressed.  my wolf praised.

I finished eating my meal and pranced away happy with my kill. 

Katy where are you? Rachaels voice echoed in my head. 

I stopped.  confused with hearing her voice.  what the?

we bonded our minds are connected now.  we can speak whenever we want to. Rachael clarified. 

im out hunting.  ill be back in a bit. I replied. 

I took off sprinting from where I had come from and stopped dead in my tracks.  I cocked my ears and listened for any sign of movement. 

danger is near.  be ready.  my wolf warned. 

I crouched low to the ground and tensed, getting ready to run if I needed to.  I rose my nose to the air and scented.  I took in a big inhale and the scent hit me.  Vanilla.

Shane. both my wolf and I whispered.