ch 26

I woke up screaming clutching my chest.  tears were rolling down my cheeks and it took me a while to realize it was all a dream.  Rachael was okay.  She wasn't dead. 

I took a shuttering breath and flopped back down on my pillow.  I looked at my nightstand to see what time it was and realized I still needed a replacement clock.  I sighed and turned over looking over to the window. 

I nearly passed out when I saw a figure standing in the window.  Oh god who is that.  I mentally screamed in my head; I needed to get a weapon.  I groped around trying desperately to find something. 

"Hey angel" I familiar voice cooed. 

I literally jumped out of my bed and tackled her to the ground. 

"you scared the shit outta me." I mumbled Into her shoulder. 

she chuckled lightly and picked me up taking us to my bed.  "I had to make sure you were okay." she soothed while pulling us down onto the bed, my head resting on her shoulder and my leg and arm draped over her. 

I inhaled her scent and cuddled up into her.  "i'm okay now." I said kissing her neck gently.  she sighed and stroked my hair lazily.

"What were you dreaming 'bout?" she whispered.

I took a slow breath and squeezed my eyes shut, the memory of blood pouring out of her fresh in my mind.  "You." I said lettting a tear roll down my cheek. 

she tightened her grip and pulled me closer into her.  "tell me about it."

"I can't" I whimpered.

"please?"

I sighed and prepared myself. 

"I was a wolf, running through the forest." I began. "there were bodies all around me.  Dead.  Torn.  Bloody.  it was a massacre.  There was hundreds of them shredded to pieces and not a single one was breathing.  They all looked at me, eyes open, dead and lifeless.  it was horrible." I cried.  She gently stroked my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"Then I smelled something.  Vampire" I spat.  "I smelled them.  their disgusting scent was overpowering so I followed it.  then I smelled something else.  You.  I found you hunched over and-and a k-knife was p-plunched into your stomach." I began shaking.  The pain of seeing her hurt was back.  My chest began tightening and I couldn talk anymore.

Rachael held me tight whispering soft words of comfort into my ear.  reassuring me that she was okay that she loved me and that she was still here with me. 

"shh angel its okay im here." she looked into my eyes and kissed me gently.  Her lips soft and gentle against mine moving in rhythm.  my stomach did little flips and my cheek tingled where she touched.  I pulled away out of breath smiling up at her.

she looked down at me with so much love, so much adoration and affection in her eyes, the pain in my chest was long gone; now filled with love and warmth. 

"I love you." she whispered gently kissing my nose. 

"I love you to." I said sighing laying back on her nuzzling her neck, kissing her softly.  I ran my fingers along her stomach lazily tracing circles around.  I felt so comfortable with her, we fit perfectly together. 

I rested my head above her heart, letting the soft thumping of her heart lull me sleep.  I closed my eyes my breathing evening out. 

"Good night angel." Rachael whispered kisssing my head.  I let sleep take over and felt warm and safe in her arms drifting into a dream.