ch 22

I lifted my nose to the air and inhaled lightly. the strong musky scent of vanilla and pine invaded my sense and sent my whole body into flames.  "shane" I whispered. 

Rachael looked over at me and tightened her grip on my hand.  "Try to fight it Katy."

I took in another breath and almost moaned. "I can't"

the two figures came closer and stopped when they were about 100 yards from us.  Having him this close to me made my knees weak and I had no idea if I could stand it any longer. 

"So, my dear beloved has killed one of my best assassins?  I must say I am very sad to loose him, but my princess you dont know how much lust i felt knowing you can very well take care of yourself." Shane said in a deep silky voice as his eyes darkened. 

Take him.

something in the back of my mind prompted.

Kill him. 

Take him. 

Kiss him.

The last one stuck to me.  I wanted him.  I wanted to be in his arms and make love to him all night long.  

I took a step forward and Rachael growled and held me back.  "Fight it Katy.  Your stronger than this." She whispered into my ear, her lips lightly brushing my ear.

She sent my body into an inferno of lust.  I shivered at her touch and tried to  calm myself.  I need to be strong.  I need to protect Rachael.

Kill him. 

"I must say I really did enjoy ripping out the throat of your little friend.  I'm a little disappointed though, I thought maybe your fighters would be stronger and not scream like little girls when I kill them." I said snickering.  "I wonder, are you and your little body guard going to scream just as loud when we rip you limb from limb?"  I said in a little bit of a huskier voice than I expected.  Instead of sounding cruel and imposing I sounded seductive and lingering. 

Shane visibly shook at my words and his eyes turned completely black.  "Come to me my dear, ill make you tremble against my body and forget everything you've ever felt for your mate." he spat out. 

"You belong by my side princess.  Let me take you and make you mine." he purred. 

I chuckled softly.  I knew exactly how to crush him.

"Sorry beloved," I purred taking a few steps foward. "but my mate has already made me tremble against her and forget all thoughts of you as I came screaming her name." I was now infont of him trailing a finger down his chest.  "Now if you would be so kind as to let us leave, I might let you live." 

He hissed as my lips touched his neck and trailed my tongue up to his ear.

"one."

I sucked softly at his earlope. 

"two"

I trailed my hand to the hem of his jeans and he moaned. 

"three"

I balled my hand into a fist and slammed it into his stomach, sending him flying 200 yards back into a tree. 

The body guard was on me in seconds.  He had his claws and fangs out and his eyes were blood red.  He pinned me to the ground and hissed, "That was not a smart thing to do."

I laughed up at him. "Do I look smart, well I guess smarter than you." I said while my fist connected with his face.  He fell over and clutched his bloodly face glaring at me.  "I'll get you for that you little bi-" his words were cutt off as a black wolf came barraling into him. 

The vampire looked terrified as Rachael pinned him against a tree.  His hands were held above his head with Rachael's enormous paws and he was clearly in pain.  Rachael bared her teeth and sank her fangs into his throat.  The vampire cried out in pain and kneed rachael in the stomach.  She kept her hold until she was violently ripped off. 

I looked and  surge of panic shot through me as I realzied what happened.  The vampire that Rachael had pinned was now dead on the ground, missing a large chunck of his throat.  Rachael was laying under a fallen tree  cleary pissed that someone ruined her kill.  And shane was hovering by his dead partner, eyes red with rage.  He looked at me and hissed. "Ill kill her."

I growled deeply at him.  "You touch her I wont hesitate to rip out your heart and shove it down your throat."

he smiled.  "Watch me."  He sprinted over to Rachael and flung the tree off her.  He grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and thew her into a tree close by.  Rachael whimpered in pain and I saw red. 

Something deep inside me snapped.  He touched MY mate.  He hurt MY mate. 

KILL HIM!

The voice screamed and I was more than happy to oblige.  I bared my teeth and felt my claws enlarge.  my body swelled and I took in a deep breath before I charged. 

Kill him. 

was all I heard whispered seductively before my body slammed into his and something new took over.