ch 17

The trees blurred around me as I pushed myself harder and harder towards her scent.  I needed to find her.  Shane's threat echoed in my mind.

If you won't love me i'll kill your precious 'mate' you call her and make you mine.

what if he does hurt her?

I inhaled heavily and caught another scent.  it was faint and smelled like peppermint mixed with a deep musk.

immediatly I paniced.  He' here.

"Rachael?" I yelled out hoping she could hear me. 

SLAM

I was hit by something from my right and tackled to the ground.  "what the he-" I tried saying before a hand covered my mouth.

"Shh we aren't alone." said a familar voice.  I looked up and saw the familiar saphire blue eyes. 

"whats going on?" I whispered. 

"there is someone here.  I need you to follow me once we get to my cove we will be safe.  There's a protection enchatment around the area that doesn't allow outsiders in."Rachael said while getting up and sprinting off. 

I quickly got up and followed her.  The peppermint scent invaded my senses again and I heard footsteps crashing against the ground behind me.  

Pure fear crashed through my body.  what if he was back? what if he was comg to kill Rachael? Something deep inside me snapped.   The thought of someone trying to hurt my Rachael had me seeing red. 

I turned around and released a feral growl.  The person chasing stopped about 100 yards from me.  It was a male and by the look on his face he was out for blood. 

I took no time im asking what his intentions were and sprinted toward him.  I was running on pure instict and something inside me whispered seductively kill him. 

The man took stance and prepared to fight.  I felt a soft tingle in my mouth and decided now was not the time to inspect my mouth. 

The man hissed and bared his teeth.  he had fangs in his mouth and claws at his hands.  His eyes were blood red and his face twisted into a creepy smile. 

I slammed my fist into his face and he slammed into a tree behind him.  He got up and lunged at me faster than my eyes could process.  He slashed his claws across my stomach and tore at the soft flesh. 

the adrenaline pumping through me allowed me the safe haven of not feeling the pain.  He snickerd at me and I landed a kick to his gut.  He doubled over and I slammed my knee into his face.  he fell to the ground clutching his nose.  I was about to kick him again when his hand caught my foot and swung me to the ground.  He was on my in seconds and savagely bit into my thigh.

No amount of adrenaline could block out the searing pain that went through my leg.  "I'm going to enjoy ripping your little mate apart and hear her scream for your help." he said laughing. 

I growled at him and lunged.  He saw me coming though and back handed me.  I fell to the floor and tried to get back up.  "i'm going to make you watch to and there's absolutely nothing you can do ab-" My Teeth sank Into his neck.  I felt the warm blood trickle down my throat and I moaned in the pleasing taste.  I ripped out his throat and spit in onto the ground. 

"Never. Ever.  Touch. What. Belongs. To. Me. " I whispered in his ear as I heard his heart beat once last time.