chapter 5

I picked up the pieces of the alarm clock and threw them in the garbage.  I guess I’ll just have to get a new one.  I flopped down on my bed and put my hands up to my face.  They didn’t look any different.  How the hell did I just break that then? “ugh” I said aloud.  I got up and searched for my backpack before quickly slapping my forehead.  “I skipped today I don’t have homework…so I woke up from that amazing dream for nothing!” I yelled.  I was quickly becoming very angry.  I couldn’t control my anger and with what my mom said to me I starting to tremble.  I curled my hands into fists and stalked to my bathroom. 

Maybe a quick shower with help.  Before stripping down I looked into the mirror and gasped. My eyes they were glowing! Literally glowing! They were a bright emerald green and had a fluorescent look to them.  “What the hell is going on with me?!” I groaned. I decided to hop in the hot shower and relax my muscles.  I let the scalding water massage out my back and I sighed in relief when I felt myself relax.  I stood in there for a half hour before stepping out.  I cleaned the fog off the mirror and looked at myself. 

My eyes had gone back to normal but they were still a brighter green.  They defiantly stood out from normal.  I went downstairs to get something to eat.  My mom was passed out on the couch with my phone in her hand.  Slowly I crept over and took the phone gently not to wake her up.  I saw my phone blinking indicating a text.  I opened it and it was from an unknown number. ‘Come meet me in the woods behind the bus stop at midnight –Rachael’ I smiled at the text, looks like I was sneaking out tonight.

***sorry about the short chapter. I have finals to study for but I promise next chapter is a good one :) thanks for reading and please vote if you like my book.  as always comment your thoughts I love talking to new people :) xoxoxo

-B