Ten

~Gerard's POV~

I smiled in the direction that I could feel his presence. His hands held mine loosely and I could hear his nervous breathing pattern.

I found it so cute when he was flustered and nervous. It just really made me want to know his face. I just wished I could see the expressions he gave off and how he did in his own unique way...

"So, Gerard." Frank spoke softly, his breathing still slightly off, "Do you wanna be my blue?"

I thought for a moment, but only to mess with him just a bit. "Only if you'll be my red." I said softly. I slid one of my hands out of his grip and reached out to where I assumed his face to be.

I actually nailed it, landing my hand right on his heated cheek. It make me laugh. I heard him laugh too, and I could feel his cheeks move and curve with his smile.

His smile felt absolutely perfect, just so happy. If I couldn't see it, feeling it was definitely the next best thing.

"You know, you're one of the most interesting people I've ever met." Frank spoke softly. His cheek bounced up and down with every word. I pulled my hand away and set it in my lap.

"You must not know many people, Frank." I said simply. I didn't see myself as that interesting. I was just Gerard.

"No. No I know a good few." Frank laughed lightly, "But you're just...I can't explain it Gerard..."

I felt his thumb run across the back of my hand. I put my head down to hide my smile. There's something about you too, Frank I thought to myself.

"Your breath is showing." Frank commented. It wasn't until he said something that I realized how cold I was. I fought off a shiver and brought my head back up.

"Wanna go inside, G?" He asked me. He had brought his face closer to mine and I could feel my heart quicken its beats. I couldn't say anything, so I just nodded slightly.

~Frank's POV~

I smiled at Gerard. He was just a bit nervous when I was close to him.

"Can I take you inside?" I said, suppressing a giggle.

He nodded again. I stood from the bench and turned to Gerard. I put one hand on his arm and the other I kept in his hand.

"Here we go." I told him. He easily stood and linked his arm in mine. It was such a natural flow...But I was sure it was from countless others leading his way.

We began walking through the chilled air back to the building. I kept glancing over at Gerard, watching his breath swirl into a white mist with every breath he took.

When we finally made it to the building, the warm air wrapped around us like a blanket.

"Oh, that feels nice." Gerard sighed in relief.

"Definitely an improvement." I agreed. We began walking further into the building before I stopped us.

"What's up?" He asked, leaning on my shoulder.

"Do you want to go to the library?" I asked, thinking for a moment, "Or do you want to come to my dorm where there aren't library people?"

"No kinky shit." Gerard replied quickly.

I laughed, "Dorm it is then?"

He nodded once again and I lead him in that direction. I knew his brother would be out for awhile from what he had said, and I didn't really want to spend all that time in the library or some other public place. We had gotten to know each other through places like that, but...I wanted to be close to him without stranger's judging eyes.

We made it to my room and, after nearly dropping the keys twice, I opened the door and lead him inside. I lead him over to my bed and he sat down, bouncing on the mattress a bit.

"Comfy." He commented, letting himself fall back on my bed.

"Glad someone thinks so." I chuckled, standing by the edge of my bed taking my shoes off. I left them kicked slightly under my bed and jumped onto the bed next to Gerard. He gripped the blankets, but laughed and turned his head towards me. I mirrored his smile and shifted myself so that I was laying on my side to face him.

"Stop that." Gerard said suddenly.

I looked at him, confused, "Stop what?"

"The quiet." Gerard said lowly. He rolled onto his side to face my direction, "It's nerve wracking to just sit in silence..."

I frowned. I never thought about how Gerard coped with silence. I could always distract my mind by looking at my surroundings, but Gerard couldn't. He was just stuck with his thoughts to distract him.

"Sorry..." I apologized. I took my hand and reached out to his arm that was laying on his side, facing the ceiling. I slid my hand down his arm until I got to his hand, which I took hold of in mine and brought it to the bed between us.

He squeezed my hand and scooted himself a bit closer. "There's only one kind of silence I'm okay with." He said.

"Oh Yea?" I scooted a bit closer as well. Our noses were nearly touching. Gerard nodded and I pressed my lips against his once again.

The feeling Gerard gave me whenever we were connected was like nothing I had ever experienced in the past. He was just so...Unique. I couldn't explain it. He may of been blind, never able to see the world, but he made mine so much more colorful. Being his sassy little remarks, or head tilts when he was really interested in what you were saying. He couldn't see the smile he put on my face in this hell hole of a place.

~Gerard's POV~

When my lips were against Franks, I tried to picture it like his analogy earlier. Red meeting blue...Hot meeting cold...Sight meeting a lack there of.

I couldn't see anything, but I could picture that warm summer evening, just like that first time I trailed my fingers over his hand. That's what he reminded me off. Not just red, but a mix of dimming hues, combining into that warmth.

It was perfect.

He was perfect.

This moment was just absolutely perfect.