Twenty

~Frank's POV~

I sat on a metal bench next to Gerard. It was another cold day where snow lightly fell from the sky. Winter wasn't just approaching, it was here.

Gerard's feet kicked back and forth, scraping against the ground every few seconds. His hands, like mine, were shoved in his jacket pockets. Although, our arms were interlocked as we sat together.

"I miss the sun." I sighed, blowing a fluttering snowflake away from my face.

"I'm okay without it." Gerard shrugged.

I laughed and looked over at him. His black hair was laced with white specks of snow. He would look good with all white hair...

"What is that, G?" I asked, kicking my own feet slightly.

"You are my sunshine..." Gerard began to sing softly, a smile forming on his face as he did. "My only sunshine... You make me happy, when skys are gray... Basically all the time because I can't fucking distinguish between gray, blue, or purple skys." He just shrugged with his last words, making me burst out laughing.

I leaned close to his ear as the snow began to fall more frequently around us, "You'll never know dear, how much I love you..." I sang softly to him, "Please don't take my sunshine away..."

"Copy cat..." Gerard giggled, turning his face in my direction.

"It's called being romantic, so shut it." I teased before pressing my cold lips against his.

---
(A/N~ there was no point to this beginning except to be cute cuz I heard Frank sing 'you are my sunshine' live and I died so...

Also while I'm here THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4K READS okay back to story)
---

"Hey Ray?"

"No, Frank."

"You don't even know what I was going to ask!"

"Try me."

"Can I copy your homework?"

"No, Frank."

"Damn it." I let out an irritated groan and flopped onto my bed. I was maybe, just a bit, totally and completely behind on assignments... I was just a lazy shit when it came to classes.

"Frank, we have finals for our first semester of college in like a week or two." Ray spun around in his swivel chair, making two rotations before making it stop, facing me. "I know you're stuck in puppy love, but dude. You can't flunk out and leave me here alone."

"I won't flunk!" I lied. I didn't have much faith in my grades, honestly. "I always pull through in the end."

"Because I used to help pass you the answers."

"My real MVP."

"Frank! This is serious! This isn't high school anymore!" Ray was getting frustrated. He spun in his chair again, slowly, with a sigh.

"How are you doing with all this?" I asked, sitting up to talk to him.

He threw his arms up in the air. "I don't know! But I also don't have someone to help relieve me of stress that my unprepared roommate can walk in on."

"I said sorry..." I mumbled.

"I just really need that three week long vacation for Christmas..." Ray spun again, "I wasn't made for this place..."

"Oh, come on, Toro." I jumped up off the bed and walked over to where he was spinning. I grabbed the back of the chair to stop him and looked down at him. "You're a damn fine learner. Me on the other hand, I always needed your help. Hell, I have you to thank for even getting through highschool."

He laughed a bit, tugging a bit at his hair. "You were a lost cause at some points..."

"Oh thanks, Ray." I rolled my eyes, "Way to boost my confidence here."

"No problem, Frank." He laughed more genuinely this time.

There's the Ray I know. He let things get to him so easily sometimes... But he was always just a fun loving guy.

Although in this case, he had every right to be over stressed. Our finals were coming up, and I had been spending so much time with Gerard... I was so used to blowing off assignments, but I couldn't afford to here. I loved Gerard, but I'd have to focus on my classes just a bit more these next few weeks... I knew he'd understand, but I felt so bad to even consider it...

"Tell you what. We can coffee run and study a bit at the on campus café?" I suggested, letting go of Ray's chair and grabbing some books off his desk. I turned to him with a grin, "Maybe give me some study tips?"

Ray simply rolled his eyes. "Any excuse for coffee." He sighed, spinning around in his chair again. He popped up after one rotation and grabbed his book bag from where he had thrown it on his bed. He held it open while I slid his notes and books inside.

He worked on clasping that shut while I hurried over to my bed to grab some cash.

I didn't notice my phone light up from a message.

I completely forgot to take it with me all together.

I just hurriedly followed Ray out of the dorm, laughing and shutting the door firmly behind me.