Twenty Two

~Frank's POV~

"Fuck, Ray! Have you seen my phone or anything??" I asked, digging desperately through my bedding to find it.

"Mmmmmm..." Ray trailed off, snoring slightly at the end.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my arm in the small space between the bed and the wall. I couldn't even reach the floor. I pushed myself up and crawled off my bed, instead starting to crawl under my bed.

I coughed as I felt around. It was dusty as fuck under here...

I finally let out a cry of success, feeling the box like device under my finger tips. I pulled it out and immediately hit the power button.

"Yea, of course you're fucking dead." I mumbled, throwing it back up on the bed. I ran my fingers through my hair, letting out a breath of air.

What if I had completely fucked this up?.. I had not only been ignoring him, but I had never even told him...

"I'll be back, Ray." I muttered, before scrambling to my feet and running to the door. I threw it open and hurried out, making sure I heard it slam shut behind me.

I ran through the occasional thin crowds of people, getting some pretty odd looks and giggles as I rushed past. I didn't pay it too much attention, however, because I was only focused on one thing. A few more minutes of running, and feeling my lungs dying in my chest, I made it.

I knocked on the door, breathing heavily. "Gee?.." I called out, leaning against his door and looking down.

Oh shit.

I suddenly realized the reason behind the looks and giggles.

I had ran the whole trip in my boxers...

"Gerard?" I called out in a slightly more urgent tone. I looked up and down the hall, hoping no one else would walk by. "Baby?.."

I listened, but heard nothing on the other side of the door.

"Gerard, please. I'm so sorry... I got caught up in all this school shit. I just didn't want to fail and be a bigger disappointment than usual..." I trailed off at the end, leaning my forehead against the door that separated Gerard and I. I felt a wrenching in my gut from what I had just admitted. No one even expected me to make it this far... Let alone to a second semester... Part of me being here was really just to prove people wrong...

"Gerard, it was a dick move to do to you, but I'm sorry. I really am..." I spoke again, at a tone just loud enough that I knew it would travel through the door. "I know I should of said something... But I really started to get afraid... But now I'm afraid of something else... The possibility of loosing you because I left you in the dark about what I was doing..." I sighed, still listening through the door for him.

"Gerard... I'm always hesitant to use the word love because of past experience... But, Gerard Way, I love you. I'm sorry it took this to say it..."

There was a clicking noise, and I felt the door move. I pulled away as it began to open. Gerard was there, his eyes uncovered as he leaned on the door for guidance. I could see tear stains on his cheeks. I felt another knot in my stomach. I hated knowing that I caused that...

"You've never said that before..." Gerard said quietly.

"It's true." I said, reaching out my hand to wrap around one of his that held the door firmly.

He bit his lip, blinking a few times. "You're not a disappointment, Frankie." He spoke softly, moving his fingers so that he was gripping my hand back. His head angled down as he spoke again, "I know you were probably so absorbed in studying that you really didn't have time for me, but you're so far from a disappointment... You have a beautiful mind, from all of our talks... You can play guitar beautifully... Your voice is extremely nice... You're making it through college, for fucks sake!" His head tilted back up, "How is that a disappointment?"

I shook my head, squeezing his hand. "Voices from my past that I'll have to face again soon..." I replied lowly.

Gerard frowned. "At Christmas?"

"Yea."

"Then I'll be home for Christmas." A smile formed on his face, "With you. Because I would really like to spend the holiday with someone I love."

I felt a smile tug at my lips. "What are you implying?" I asked, leaning in close.

"I'm implying that I love you, idiot." He laughed, his eyes scrunching slightly as he did so. He leaned forward and our lips connected.

How could I have ever been afraid to loose him?.. He was too perfect...

I pulled away and leaned my forehead against his. He smiled, happily complying.

"So, I get to take you home for Christmas?" I asked with a laugh in my tone.

"If you'll take me." He grinned back.

"Deal... On one condition..."

"And what is that?"

"Can I please come in? I...ah... Kinda ran over here with no pants..."

"YOU'VE BEEN NAKED THIS WHOLE TIME AND WE'VE JUST BEEN TALKING!?"

"JESUS, GERARD, I HAVE BOXERS AND A TEE-SHIRT ON!"

He burst out laughing, nodding and pulling me into his dorm room. I rolled my eyes, shutting the door behind me. I really did love him...and it felt really good to finally say it.