Sixteen

~Frank's POV~

"I'll miss you, mama."

"I'll miss you too."

I was gathering up mine and Gerard's bags as he said goodbye to his mom. The holiday week was at its end and we were catching our bus back to campus today. Gerard's cousins had left the day before.

"Where's Mikey? I swear that boy-"

"I'm right here mom! Geez, and I thought Gerard was the blind one."

"MIKEY!"

"Haha, sick burn, bro."

I laughed at their back and forth. Much of this week had been some pretty hilarious family banter. Sass had to run in this family, it was just incredible.

I was walking into the room as their mom released Mikey from a tight hug. She smiled warmly at me and gestured for a hug.

"You're included, Frank, c'mon."

I laughed lightly, setting my things down and letting her pull me into a hug.

"You better take care of him, or I'll kick your ass." She whispered.

"Yes, ma'am." I said, my eyes growing wide for a moment. I had the feeling she'd definitely live up to her promise.

---

We walked to the bus stop and boarded quickly. Gerard sat by the window and stretched. He rested his head back on the seat as I sat down.

"Ready to go back to hell?" I asked sweetly, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"Baby, alwaaaaays in hell." He held out his word and giggled when he finished.

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder. "So what are we doing for this three hour bus ride?.." I mumbled, closing my eyes just slightly.

"I don't have any ideas." Gerard replied quietly. He adjusted in his seat and I lifted my head slightly. I looked over his face, as I did almost every time I looked at him. Every detail was still the same... Except for the one I never got to see...

"Your mom's photos probably don't do your eyes justice..." I said absently.

Gerard stiffened at my comment. He recovered quickly, however, and brushed it off with several questions for me about my own family and course work. I answered, but in the back of my mind my own question nagged me.

Why wouldn't he talk about his eyes?.. They were beautiful from what the pictures could show...but pictures were nothing compared to real life...

"Frankie?" Gerard's voice was pulling me from my thoughts. I hummed in response, looking around.

"I said Mikey thinks our stop is next." Gerard laughed. His hand slid along my leg until it found my hand, "What's on your mind?.."

"Just term papers and assignments I will fail to do." I slat out my excuse quickly, and most likely, unconvincingly. I waited for Gerard to call me out on it, but he only laughed.

"Baby, you'll be fine." He reassured, squeezing my hand.

I smiled, squeezing his hand back.

---

"MY FUCKING EMO LOOSER!" Mikey practically tripped as he ran over to the eagerly jumping dark haired boy. He ended up tackling him in a pile of snow just next to the bus stop.

"I'm assuming my brother is being obnoxious again?" Gerard asked knowingly as I helped him down from the bus.

"You assume correctly." I said, adjusting our bags in my hands.

"Hey, Frankie?.." Gerard trailed off.

"Yea, G?.."

"Can I...Maybe, possibly have a kinda...piggyback ride?.."

I laughed at his soft, child-like tone he had asked in. I set our things down at my feet and turned my head to him.

"Come forward just a tiny bit." I instructed him. He listened and I placed my hands on the back of his thighs. "Alright, jump on the count of-3,2,1!"

He hopped up just as I hit one. I caught him on my back and tightened my grip on him. His arms wrapped around my neck and he held me tightly. His legs even wrapped around my torso, locking together by his feet linking.

"On tight?" I asked with a grin. He nodded vigorously.

I left our bags by Pete and Mikey and began to run around the campus bus stop with Gerard holding me tight. The sound of his laughter filled my ears and made me laugh as well. It was such a nice sound...Like music to my ears.

"Never let go Jack!" I teased as I made a loop around where Mikey and Pete were now watching us run with amusement written on their faces.

"I'll never let go!" Gerard practically sang out. His grip on me tightened slightly and he nuzzled his head against the back of my neck.

Oh, Gerard, I hope you never do let go...

---
A/N~ Short chapter, sorry

~Skittles Out~