chapter 13: A new friend? Maybe?

RECAP

***

After a long boring rest of the day I finally got to head out to the car and there stood Luke waiting. I could only wait to have another quiet and awkward car ride with him.

***

END OF RECAP

As I get closer to Luke I watch as he just stands there and looks as if he's in deep thought. When i manage to approach him he doesn't really see me so I tap on his shoulder and next thing I knew he grabbed my arm really tight. The grip he had on me was applied with a lot of force so it hurt. I couldn't help but let out a soft whimper and soon enough Luke's face went from angry to apologetic and filled with guilt.

"i'm so sorry angel I didn't mean to do that to you" he quickly apologized.

i just nodded my head, went around the car and got in. While waiting for Luke I tried to understand why that was his instant reaction but I couldn't figure it out. Finally he got in the car and i knew i had to apologize about my behavior at the park when he was only trying to help me. So i took a deep breath, built up all the courage I could and slowly but surely gave him my apology.

"Luke listen i k-know that you don't like me, but i truly am sorry about snapping at you an-" he cut me off before i could finish what i was saying.

"no its OK, I'm sorry about how i acted and how i grabbed you" he flinched as he said the last part

"i-its o-ok" i managed to say and with that our conversation was over

After the drive he told me that he should get my number. I was stunned when he asked me but he explained that he needs it for me to let him know when I'm ready in the morning. I told him that it wasn't necessary because i already had a ride to and from school but he insisted that he would drive me to school so I agreed. once i got home my aunt told me that we would now be going to Mrs. Cassandra's house once a week and that they would most likely come over to our house too. With that information i headed upstairs took a shower and went to sleep.

***

After I awoke I ran for a little with Jason and told him that I wasn't going to be riding with him today. I could tell he was wondering why, but I didn't give him an answer. Now that I'm getting ready I am almost done so I figured I should text Luke.

hey, I am almost ready! -A

As I continued getting ready about 5 minutes had passed and still no reply from Luke. So I decided to go downstairs and have breakfast.

well good morning to you too! :P I'm ready when you are! -L

After I read that message I found it a little odd that he was being so nice to me...in fact it was weird. But then I thought maybe this could be the start of a good friendship and with that I smiled and replied.

ok I'm coming over now! -A

sorryyyy about the late update!

ok so I really need to know if the story was fast enough for you guys!?!? or I need to know if the story is going to fast!!

And yes I know it was short but I'm sorry I couldn't write anymore because of exams and other things :/ sorrryyyy

VOTE!

COMMENT